⁴ˣ⁰⁴. ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ

Start bij het begin

"Dr Grey, I need you both to help stabilise his neck and his head please," Dr Shepherd told them when Ryan started to move into action, "It's very important, Adam, that you not move your head." Dr Shepherd told the boy, "I need you to keep perfectly still. Do not move. Relax." And when Adam did as said, "Good."

____

Ryan, Lexie, Cristina and Derek all stood in the exam room where Lexie started, "I can't that kid's dad. His son is paralysed and the guy's still riding him." Lexie explained to which Ryan looked back at his sister, "That's how my mom was. She was on my back until I choose med school instead of football." He admitted when Cristina said, "Focus more on medicine. Three, Four, and less on the tragedy."

"Three? Four?" Derek asked confused, "Is that a nickname?" Lexie then said from behind the resident and neurosurgeon, "You could say that."

Derek then looked back to the exam, "So how would you proceed, Male Grey?" Derek then questioned Ryan who looked at his sister confused, "I—You won't be able to operate unless your realign his spine, wouldn't you?"

"And how would you do that?"

Ryan looked back at Derek, "Traction halo?" He questioned as Derek smiled, "Very impressive, Dr Grey, Your intern year's off to a good start." Derek told the male Grey who smiled appreciatively.

"How's it going? How are you guys and Meredith?" The neurosurgeon questioned the Grey siblings, "It's weird, the whole family thing," Lexie told Meredith's ex, "And plus I think she might hate me,"

Derek then turned to Lexie, "She doesn't hate you. And Ryan, she wants to speak to you." The male Grey looked at the neurosurgeon, "Look, Dr Shepherd, I appreciate you letting me on this case, but I won't speak about what's happening between me and my sister to you," He said to Meredith's ex, "Why don't you go see if Mrs Copley's dressing needs changing," Cristina said to the Grey siblings.

"Yang—" Derek looked at Cristina, "Why don't you go see if Mrs Cooley's dressing needs changing?" The Korean resident looked at Derek, "Certainly," Cristina then walked out of the room leaving Ryan, Lexie and Derek in there.

____

"First—" Cristina started to explain to Adam's dad about the procedure they're doing, "We're going to apply a halo which uses weights and traction to pull your spine back into place," She explained, "Traction?"

Ryan moved, "Like at the gym." He explained to the teenager, "We stretch your body using weights until the spine pops into position." Lexie then explained to Adam where Cristina moved in front of her interns, "Expect unlike at the gym, Dr Shepherd needs to attach the traction device directly to your head by screwing two bolts into your skull," Cristina explained.

"It's sounds painful."

Adam's dad then said, "Painful if he doesn't fix your spine. Painful is you never walk again." The father said to which Ryan saw made Adam make a face, "Ok. We gonna do this thing or what?"

The male Grey made eye contact with the teenager to which Ryan saw himself in Adam but instead of being paralysed, it was his mother being too strict about which scholarship her son was going to do.

____

"Hi—"

Ryan stood in front of Norman and his older sister who looked back at her brother, "Ryan, can we please talk?" Ryan looked at Meredith then to Cristina, "Later. I need to tell Dr Yang something,"

Meredith nods her head moving ost her brother and her half sister with Norman following after her, "Dr Shepherd asked that we meet in Adam's room in ten minutes," Lexie said, "You could at least acknowledge that you heard me." Lexie replied when Dr Yang didn't respond to her.