(Eat halwa.)

"Tu kha." He snapped before walking away and heard them laughing.

Moving to the mandap where Mahi and Samar were asked to sit near the holy fire, he stood near Aadhya.

"Mile joote?" She asked as soon as he was there.

(Did you find the shoes?)

"Pati aaya usse fark nhi padta." He scoffed and heard a chuckle from her.

(Care a little about your husband as well.)

"Dhruv ko bhi nhi pta." He told her a while later. The mantras started and everyone looked at the couple, who were glowing with happiness.

(Dhruv doesn't know as well.)

The garlands were exchanged with a lot of teasing, followed by other rituals like taking seven phera around the holy fire and then, Samar filled the vermilion in Mahi's hairline.

They watched how a tear rolled down Mahi's cheeks along with the vermilion which fell on her nose as well. Samar wiped her Tears with a smile but his eyes were glistening with happy tears as well.

"I annouce you as husband and wife now." The priest announced.

"You can take blessings from the elders." He said next.

"Aadhu, I gave you that box of necklace right." Aadhya nodded when at her mother. It was Mahi's wedding gift and her mother had to give it to Mahi.

"I'll go and bring it." She informed her mother and walked towards her room. Aadhya opened the door of the cupboard to take out the jewellery before the sound of the door slamming shut startled her.

She snapped her eyes in the direction of the door and her heart thumped against her chest, seeing the man standing there with an evil smile.

"What...what are you doing here?" She gulped down the fear and clutched onto the box of jewellery she was holding.

Karan smirked and let out a chuckle before approaching her with slow ans steady steps.

"Finally I got some time alone with you, baby sister." His words sucked the strength out of her body but she knew she can escape through this. She had to.

"Bold of you to assume that you'd harm me when my family is outside." She gritted her teeth, moving back to maintain the distance.

"Do you really think, amidst the wedding somebody will hear you?" He raised his eyebrows.

Aadhya's back touched the wall, making it impossible for her to escape when Karan stood right in front of her.

"And why do you think I'd harm you?" He raised his hand to touch her face but she was fast enough to yank it away.

"Stay away." She pushed him, seething with anger but it had no effect on the man in front of her as he held her wrist.

"Why do you always play this hard huh? Now that you're married, does your husband satisfy you enough that you don't need me?"

She wiggled in his hold, her heart sinking into the pit of her stomach at the thought of something happening in the room. But more than fear, the touch and words of the man was making her feel nauseous.

"Leave me." She gritted her teeth, trying to come out of his hold but Karan pushed her to the wall amd hovered her figure, making it impossible for her to move.

She hated it. Tears gathered in her eyes at the thought of being touched by this man, again. His touch felt like thorns, that was pricking through her skin.