He had dark black hair, sleeve tattoos, a nose piercing, and owned a motorcycle. But even though he seemed like the type to skip school or drop out, he was one of the smartest people in our high school. With both of us being the smartest in our classes, we would always compete for the best scores. He was one of the reasons I tried so hard in school. Seeing the look on his face when I would get a better score than him on a test, or an assignment, or even just optional work.

And the worst part of it all, we were both Irene's best friends. With both of us being her best friends, it was just another thing to compete over. Of course, Irene thought it was some kind of stupid way of flirting. She always shipped us which made me want to stop talking to her forever and move to a different country. I know I'm her favorite though. Which I would remind him of everyday. To which he'd say some snobby thing about how he knew her first or some crap. 

Well look who's living with her buddy. HEHE!

"Nice aim." He holds my fist in an attempt to stop it from making contact with his chest again. He looks down at me while leaning against the door frame. I can't lie it was kind of hot. He let go of my hand resulting in me bumping his chest.

"Woah" I say as I poked his chest again.  He has gotten so much stronger since I last saw him. I'm brought back to reality when I hear him grunt. I feel my cheeks heat up as I lower my hand and  look down in embarrassment. Did I really just do that? 

 I take a second to pull myself together before looking back up. "Please tell me you're just visiting a friend right now..." I beg finally saying something. 

"Irene didn't tell you did she?" he says with a blank stare on his face.

"Irene knows you're here??" I ask. How could she know and not tell me that Kian was here? Especially when I'm stuck here. She knows I can't go back home. I'm finally free from that place. So why on earth would she make me stay anywhere this close to Kian?? 

My face turns slightly annoyed as I start to realize why Irene has been acting so weird. 

"Oh look at that, you're finally using your brain," He says in a condescending tone. Oh, he's done for. 

"What are you doing here?" I continue in an annoyed voice. Kian pauses with a blank look on his face as if my question has an obvious answer.

"Alora don't be fucking stupid. I know that might be hard for you, but if you use your context clues you'll be able to answer that question." I hadn't seen him all summer and within the first conversation we have he's already calling me stupid. I don't think I'm going to be able to deal with living next to him this whole year.

I look at him with an annoyed look. "Hard for you to say, when you graduated with a lower GPA than me." I retort back. Still leaning against the door frame, he looks me up and down.

"You look fucking homeless Alora" He says, ignoring my stab at his GPA, which was only slightly lower than my 4.5 GPA. I look down at my paint-covered outfit. Shoot. My shirt had rips in it everywhere, and my sweatpants were covered in stains. I look back up slightly embarrassed, forgetting what I was wearing.

"Answer the question Kian, I'm not in the mood for games right now," I say, looking up at him with squinted eyes and crossed arms. There's a slight pause, making me feel even more annoyed. 

He finally speaks up, "Well I'm definitely not here for bitches to come knocking on my door just to make a fucking scene."

Confused I just scoff and throw my hands in the air. "I don't care if I'm making a scene, I thought moving here would mean never seeing you again but now I'd rather live in a cardboard box than live next to you," I say being completely dramatic.

"Well, what's stopping you? I'd be happy to throw you out of the building right now. I've got extra boxes in here if you can't afford to buy new ones" He says gesturing to my clothes again, making me even more mad. 

I throw my hands in the air and scoff as I start walking away. I pause for a minute and turn around before asking what I had initially came here for, "Please turn your music down," I say lowering my voice and trying to be as nice as possible so I had a chance of him even considering my request.

I turn back around and hear his door shut behind me as I walk back into my apartment. As I walk back into the paint room, I hear his music get louder.

Irene's a dead woman.

Yall I'm sorry the beginning of this story is just dragging on, I'm trying to get in all of her POV's before I add in his.

BUUUTTT we've finally met Kian!!! He's already being an asshole though, so we'll see how this plays out.