Diana's Town

I thought I was going to die. But I'm not afraid to die. It's equal because it happens to everybody. The gravedigger caught me lying on the very grave of grandpa Ed. 11 years but pain still here.

''What ya doin kid?''

I stood up and patted my butt. But when night came I knew he was here. I know I'm with him. Life repeats itself here in Diana. But when I lost Ed Winston he's always been there. I was not blessed to send in school.

But when I met Elizabeth, she did everything for me to study.

''You wanna go rummage around for the missing kid?'' Richie was enthralled by infraction. ''We know that Diana is not safe. Something about a missing child 20 years ago. Same thing happening now.''

I noticed a girl. Shoulder length hair. Just staring at me. I pulled Winston because we might be late for class.
''Do you know that girl?''

"His brother was the one who is missing. Said he was took by the chopter.''

''Chopter?''

''He's being nice to the kids who believe in him.''

I turned and looked at a space. I know he's always watching. Winston noticed my strange gesture.

''Who are you looking at there?''

''Nothing. I suddenly had a stomach ache. I need to go home.''

Fear did not inhabit me. I know he won't leave me. I can feel him in the air when he knows I'm not okay.

''Is that you?'' I said as if I was talking to the air. ''Is it true what Winston says that you are the reason why the child went missing.''

Something whispered to me. When Elizabeth appeared and she turned on the light.

''Why is the lights off?''

''I just like being dark. I feel more calm.''

''Can you throw the trash outside? I forgot to put it in there this morning."

I picked up the trash and carried it as I walked outside heading in a large garbage can, not far from our house in Diana.

"Oscar? Who are you talking to?''Richie appeared after I threw away the trash. I can't believe he's with Winston.

''I have no one to talk to. I'm talking to myself.''

''We're going to the Dane Circus. Bethany is there waiting for us.''

I looked at them like I wanted to go. So I sneaked out and I said I will buy them free ice cream if I can go to Dane. I'm going with them while I just
gaze at him in astonishment where I was stationed earlier. He was there waiting for me to get away. I couldn't read his eyes I just knew he was allowing me to leave as I walked away with Richie.

It's past eight and I know it's time for me to remain indoors. Because Bethany was there, this was my chance to get close to her. But when we got to Dane I saw her with another boy. Winston's cousin. It breaks me. I can't look directly at her. I ignored Jeff. He was just like a breeze in my eyes.

"It's a good thing Jeff brought me here." Bethany's cheekbones lifted high with her round eyes and long eyelashes. Her thick lips and beautiful smile.

''I stayed at her house while her parents were away.'' He is swellhead that makes me have a pinched face.

I felt like he followed me. I looked at the people walking maybe he was there. I squinted to see where he was, but I knew he was just watching. I turned my head to see where he was. But people were covering him. Winston patted my shoulder because I was already out of the loop.

''I said you want to go on the horror train.'' Bethany's voice sounded like music in my ears. I just kept my attention on her as she looked at me.

I didn't expect her to talk to me. I went back to my trance and lost my search to the man who followed me.

I got on the train and I sat in the front because Richie was scared. I heard Bethany's voice.

''Can I sit next to you?'' I didn't know she would say that.

Jeff and Richie were sitting next to each other who were both scared of the horror train. I had the opportunity to sit next to her. The train started to function. It's scary. But I'm more afraid to admit my feelings for the girl next to me.

After we boarded the train. I caught up with Jeff kissing Bethany and their faces close together. I became irked. My nostrils flared as I stared at Jeff. I couldn't believe she'd kissed my Bethany.

I just played alone, heard her coming closer to me. She wasn't with that guy. When I first moved to hit the bottle I missed and she gave her opinion even though I didn't ask

''You know I always win here? No one has ever beaten me.''

"Where's Jeff? Shouldn't he be with you?'' I asked. ''Did you enjoy making out with Winston's cousin?''

''He's not my boyfriend.''

I know she was surprised because I found out what they did.

I went to school and immediately saw Bethany. Winston walked with me. My attention was drawn to the poster attached to the wall. The kid is missing. Benny Porter.

''Can you go with Bethany to Goom Lake. Because that's where his brother was last seen. So I can find out where Benny is.'' He necessitates himself but we don't know where to start.