She gestured for her son Mahendhar to step aside.

"Amma tell me you are also thinking what I am thinking.", he said as soon as they stepped aside.

She loved this trait about her son. He inherited the same calmness and composure even in stressful situations like his father. She held his hand in hers and nodded.

"I don't believe me what she is saying. I have seen Khushi Bitiya's family and we know Arnav Bitwa loves her so much. I feel that Shyam has poisoned Mausiji's mind against Khushi and now she is making up all this. I even feel Garimaji is being threatened or something.", he said.

"I feel the same too. Find out where Arnav Bitwa is, don't know what he must be going through hearing this. We all know how sensitive this whole thing is for him."

"I feel she brought out all this right now, exactly for the same reason. That Shyam is playing some game with her.", Nani said looking back at Shyam who was fidgeting here and there.

NK came in their search,

"Guests are coming in, we should do something fast. Khushiji is not well, she, she—", NK was saying when Nani and Mamaji exchanged a glance and went back to the mandap.

Nani slowly approached a crying Buaji and held her hand, Buaji seemed to be too shocked by her gesture and broke into a sob,

"Please forgive us.", she held her hands in a namaste and cried, while Nani nodded her head in a no and said,

"We don't know the truth and let's not make the mistake we made with Shyam again.", she said and Buaji immediately realized she too assumed Garima is at fault without knowing anything and wiped her tears and looked at Garima now consoling Khushi's frozen form.

"Let us not. Tell me what I should do.", she nodded her head in a no, now she too suspected Shyam's role in this.

"Guests are coming in. We have to call off the wedding.", Nani said and Buaji looked at her shocked.

"But..", Buaji started, but,

"Manorma..", Nani called and Manorama approached them immediately.

"Ji Sasuma.", she said looking back at Khushi, herself worried for her children.

"Call the drivers and send all the children and Shashiji home."

"Par?" both Buaji and Manorama asked at the same time

"We have to call off the wedding. Nobody needs to know anything. This is our personal issue and we can deal with it at home.", Nani commanded and both Manorama and Buaji nodded.

"I am sorry but after hearing all this, Arnav could not attend the wedding and I understand him, he is very sensitive to this issue. But I promise, we will get to the bottom of this, and Khushi bitiya will never be punished or hurt for anything that is not her fault. Chote loves her so much and I hope with God's blessing, things fall into place, but for now, before yours or our family's reputation is tainted, let's call off this wedding.", Nani said and Manorma's and Buaji's respect for the old woman grew ten times.

"And haan, let Shyam stay. Wouldn't want even that snake's shadow on our children. Let's deal with him today once and for all.", she said with finality and walked to the entrance where a few of the guests started coming in.

In the next half hour, a crying Garima, a frozen and barely responding Khushi, Shashi, Anjali, and Payal were sent back to Shantivan. Dadi was escorted in a separate car, but the driver was asked to not take her home but keep driving around the city aimlessly until called back. While Akash stayed with his parents and Nani to be there for them if needed, NK went back with the rest to support Khushi and take care of her and Anjali.