The Party

Tara's POV

I sat up from my bed, my head blaring with a headache. I checked my phone and there were no notifications. 

'I shouldn't have drank yesterday,' I groaned. I got up from my bed and went to take a shower. I brushed my teeth and then got dressed. I went downstairs and greeted Sam who was watching a movie.

'What you watching?' 

'Stab,' She replied, eating her breakfast. 

'We probably watched that movie about a hundred times,' I laughed.

'Only a hundred? Rookie numbers,' Her eyes glued to the movie. I rolled my eyes and made my breakfast. 

'Alright, I'm heading to school, see ya Sam,' I yelled from the kitchen, grabbing my bag.

'Okayy enjoy!' She yelled back. 

I took my keys and unlocked the door, locking it behind me. I walked down the steps and went to my car.. 

Where is my car?? 

I panicked and looked around frantically. I decided to call Wes as I was with him in the car.

'Wes?? Oh my god pick up!' I muttered under my breath. The phone sent me to voicemail so I hung up.

'I'm gonna get killed,' I fiddled with my fingers, thinking if I should tell Sam or not, and that's when a car pulled over.

'Is that my fucking car? What is going on,' I eyed my car as it pulled by my house, and someone hopped out afterwards.

'Amber? Why are you in my car?' I asked eagerly, approaching her.

'Not even a good morning?' She pouted, pulling back into a smile. 'You left it in the parking lot,'

She threw me my keys and I slightly fumbled the catch. 'Oh, then how did I get home?' I asked, confused.

'I dropped you off, you were drunk,' She laughed.

'I don't remember that at all. I thought Wes would've dropped me off,' I muttered, trying to remember what had happened last night.

'Well, you were in better hands with me than him,' She came closer to me, her smile becoming more and more noticeable.

'You were allll over me at the bar,' She whispered in the vicinity of my ear, laughing afterwards.

'No I wasn't you liar,' I scoffed, pushing her away.

'Your belief, Carpenter,' She smirked, pulling me into a hug. 

I hugged her back and we stayed like that for a bit. I felt the hug tighten for a second and then Amber pulled away.

'Your phone's buzzing,' She pointed out.

'Oh, thanks,' I picked up the phone and a familiar voice spoke.

'Wes? Yes I'm good. At 9? 9pm? Sure. Okay, see you then,' And with that I hung up. 

'So? What's up between you guys, not that I care that much,' Amber scoffed, crossing her arms.

'Why are you so bothered by him? It's not like he did anything to you,' I looked up at Amber who looked irked.

'So what? I just dislike him because-because he isn't treating..,' Amber paused.

'Isn't what??' I furrowed my eyebrows, folding my arms.

'You know - nevermind, go see lover boy, I don't care,' She spat, walking away from the front garden. 

'What is seriously up with her,' I rubbed my temples, calming my annoyance.