~

3rd person POV:

When the (h/c) male reached the arena, everyone was confused, because this wasn't the desired fighter?

The crowd boo'ed and were in an uproar in protest. 'Tough crowd.' Zeus and the others up there were also confused.

"The hell?" Shiva said rudely.
"Hm, that's not right."

Poseidon walked to where they were and all their eyes were silently questioning him.

"Just let him go in my place, was nagging to let him go."

Zeus nodded and he went down to sit in the front row, all the complainers quickly quieted when he passed them.

"Why did he give in though? It's out of character for him."

"Uh... L-let the match begin!"
He cleared his throat.
"For the Gods we have uh, this guy and for the humans we have Sasaki Kyojiro!"

'Ah, man I knew what I was getting into but shit, I really don't wanna kill him.' A cold sweat ran down his face.

He swallowed heavily and took a fighting stance.

Immediately they charged for each other, metal clanging through out the arena.

Dust flew around and water rippled.
The cheering was loud, everyone was enjoying the fight a lot more than they thought they would.

'Maybe, he isn't as bad as I thought.' Poseidon leaned on the edge, grinning slightly, watching as his personal butler is fighting for his sake.

They clashed again this time longer and it looked like the were saying somethings.

"what THE HELL IS HE DOING!?"

"Ah! Brunhilde, calm down for a sec."

Sasaki was surprised at what the man he was fighting with suggested, but agreed nonetheless. After all it was worth a shot, yeah?

It was getting more intense as neither side was slipping, but then-

CRACK

"W-WHAT A HIT, THE RANDO FOR THE GODS HAS BROKEN SASAKI'S WEAPON IN TWO!!"

The cheering got louder. "AHH! Sister Hirst!" Brunhilde cursed as she got spilt in half.

Y/N blinked surprised that, that happened and quickly apologized, Sasaki laughed and picked up the other half of the sword and it started glowing.

Y/N moved his hand, like he has done during the entirety of the battle, a small sphere of water floated towards him as a type of shield.

"I really fucked up here, didn't I?" He smirked slightly, not even half as tired as his opponent.

The swords became two and they lunged at one another, for the whatever amount yet.

They both landed a hit on each other, Sasaki getting a massive gash across his chest.

Y/N getting his weapon sliced in half and losing his right hand just below his elbow, also with a gash over his chest but not as deep.

Everyone and everything went quiet, both fighters stared and slowly releasing their stances.

They both smiled and started laughing, confusing filled the arena whispers flying everywhere.

"Uh, It appears that both fighters have stopped mid-battle? What could they have planned out!"

A few minutes earlier.

"Hey, so I don't wanna exactly kill you, but I don't wanna die either."

"Huh?"

"Let's make this fight a draw, yeah? We can talk after too."

Present

Both put their hands up in defeat and looked at their respective representatives.

Y/N flashed a bright grin at Poseidon, bloody and mangled. He let out soft chuckle and nodded, surprisingly.

Sasaki gave a smile and a thumbs up.
The fatigue hit him like a truck and before he hit the ground Y/N caught him respectfully.

"THAT CAN'T BE IT?! I WON'T ACCEPT TH-THIS BULLSHIT!"

"YEAH, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!"

The gods did not like that, all of them in an uproar again, spewing insults and curses at the (h/c) man in the arena.

"Jeez, can't a man put on a decent show for you rats?"

A crash was heard from one of the doors, he looked and there was a hole in the door he came from, Poseidon waiting for him.

He smiled happily and carried his injured opponent towards him and they left. Ignoring the sheer amount of ridicule he reseaved.

~

They were sitting in the infirmary, Sasaki all bandaged up and Y/N still being treated.

"When I told you to win, I didn't mean bullshit like this."

"Ah, what can I say sir? Killing isn't for me, so I found a way around it."

He groaned and looked at the human beside him, disgusted. He could've beaten him, why'd you insist on going in his place?

"Besides, now I have a prosthetic to get used to. BUT, no problem being ambidextrous has never been more helpful!"

Sasaki watched this little bonding moment play out in front of him, when two people rushed into the room.

"Y/N! I'M SO SORRY MAN!"

______________________________________

P. S. This is gay cus I have a strange obsession with fish boy here :3