"Where?"

"Message Rose." It was a simple enough task. He could do that.

EJ nodded. "Okay."

After waving a swift goodbye, he wasted no time in running from the apartment and out of the Powell Estate. At first, he didn't know where he was. Though, after a moment of moving, he found his way about. It only took EJ a moment before feeling more certain with his surroundings.

His feet pounded against the pavement as he chased the imaginary finish line of Zoë Evans' home. It wasn't a competition, but it seemed to feel like one. How fast could he get to his son?

By the time he arrived, he was almost completely out of breath, not that it mattered. The white plastic door looked exactly the same as the last time he had been there. Nothing ever changed, and he was glad of it. When he tapped his knuckles against the door, begging to be let in, it felt like an eternity had passed.

     When it did open, finally, EJ was met by a great surprise. It clearly wasn't Zoë on the other side, unless Zoë had grown a foot and stubble along her jawline. Simon... great. Just the person he wanted to see.

     For a moment, Simon just stared at him, wide eyed and confused. He would guess that it was something to do with his half formal attire, that he looked like a mismatched charity shop. Then, when he had recovered from his catatonic lapse, he leant backwards into the hallway as he called loudly.

     "Zoë!" He hollered, causing the black haired boy to flinch. "You've got a visitor!"

  EJ smiled awkwardly from the doorstep as he gave Simon the once over; vest and pyjama pants. The similarities were sickening. "Alright?"

  "Yeah, mate." He nodded. It wasn't as if they didn't get along. Only, an ex and a partner weren't exactly supposed to be best friends. "S'pose I'd better let you in, yeah?"

  Simon opened the door wider as he stepped back just enough to allow EJ into the hallway. "Thanks."

     After Simon Burke had moved in, he didn't feel like he was as welcome in Zoë's home as before. Perhaps it wasn't as bad a thing as he thought, because they needed more boundaries than there were. There was a mutual love between them, a love which would never leave them, because there was a product to ensure it's safety.

     Joshua Jude Evans Thompson. The most loved little boy on planet Earth. Half Liverpudlian, half Geordie; wholly wonderful in every way.

     The two of them stood in the hallway, awkwardly waiting. EJ let his eyes wander, noticing that everything was practically the same. It made him more comfortable, even if the hairs on his arms stood on end as he pondered. He scanned the walls, and smiled at the picture frames.

Of course, the majority of them were still of Josh. Only now, there were less with him in. He was around enough to be apart of those great moments. Instead, it was Simon. Zoë, and Josh, and Simon.

That wasn't how it was supposed to be at all. He was supposed to be there. EJ didn't take into account that the Doctor would come along, and he didn't think he would end up being away for so very long. This wasn't him being a good father at all...

It was enough to make EJ sick. Although, he didn't want to ruin the carpets. Zoë would have freaked out completely.

Just as the feeing began to settle in his stomach, small footsteps raced towards them at an increasing pace. EJ's head snapped towards it, and immediately he grinned, wider than before. It was Josh. He ran straight into the black haired boy's arms without another thought, and EJ picked him up, swinging him around.