Chapter-13 Job And Plan

Start from the beginning

Treyni paused, sizing us all up before once again focusing her gaze squarely upon Rimuru.

Treyni: "In addition, we have found that a high-level magic-born is working behind the scenes to support this orc lord. As dryads, we must prepare for this. We are unsure which demon lord might be behind them all, but we are not interested in letting these intruders do whatever they like with our forest."

Then she saw me.

Treyni: "And above all the surprise is that there is an original in this village. And also, it seems her subordinate is also an original."

Everyone doesn't seem surprised. I asked Sarena in [Thought Communication].

YN: 'There are not surprise when your race is revealed.'

Sarena: 'I already told them before handed.'

YN: 'I see.'

Her eyes seemed to sparkle even more as she spoke. As one of the most powerful creatures of the forest, Treyni exuded a presence in the room that was electric. It was like energy coursed across her entire body.

Rimuru: "Well, we'd like to help, but what did you want us to do, exactly?"

Treyni: "I would like you to defeat the orc lord."

This rendered everyone speechless. 

Rimuru: "Whoa, this monster is, like, crazy as strong, isn't it? Why would someone like me have to take him on?"

Treyni: "But the ogre mages here are intending to fight against the orcs, though, aren't they? And you plan to contribute to the effort yourself, right? You were the one who extended a hand to save all those defenseless goblins, not long ago. I had thought you would show similar kindness to us and the treants."

She smiled again.

I wasn't sure what sources she was tapping, but Treyni seemed to know a remarkable amount about what happened in this forest. She must have looked at Rimuru's assorted exploits in this world and concluded that he was a sort of omnipotent god. Perhaps the secluded lives the dryads led caused them to assume the best of everybody they met.

If her story was true, we really did have an orc lord on our hands, as well as a high-level magic-born lurking around behind him. I didn't know exactly how I could contribute to the cause yet, but if she trusted in us, I might as well repay the favor.

Shion: "Of course! To our leaders, Rimuru-Sama or YN-Sama, the orc lord is no more of a threat than a passing cockroach!"

Before Rimuru could response Shion declared with a bold look on her face. 

Rimuru: 'Geez. I'm not a god or anything. Wish she could've conferred with me first. And why's it already a given that I'm the one doing the orc slaying around here?'

Treyni now looked at me with a big smile on her face.

Hmmm... Now that I think about it... There is a possibility that the orcs might come to our town. In that case we have to fight them. But the damage we will face in that situation will be huge. 

But if we were to fight in someone else territory than it would solve the problem of damaging our town. And above all if the enemy of this caliber is targeting the lizardmen then they will have no choice but to alliance them, in that case we can cooperate with each other and form an alliance. And also, we will be able to communicate with Lizardmen. And spread our name. 

So, I only nodded indicating that I will also fight. But, if possible, I would like to get as less fights as possible.

Treyni: "Oh! Then it's just as I heard I wish you great luck against the orc lord, then!"