Chapter 6: Engagement

Start from the beginning

"Shut up Aleeza!" She slapped me playfully on my arm.

"Okay, now go and change." She went into her bathroom and changed while I was searching a good scarf to go with it. I took out a white scarf. Zahra came out wearing the dress.

"You're looking beautiful. Mashallah! And here's your scarf." I said.

"Thank you!"

She wore her scarf and sat down before the mirror.

"Do I look okay?"

"No!"

"Really? What's wrong? The scarf or...?" She said worrying.

"No, only eyeliner is missing."

"Okay."

She put on some eyeliner. We waited upstairs and I told her about Rania and Farhan.

"I hope you don't have a problem with the marriage on the same day?"

"No, of course not."

We waited till I got a message from Rania saying we have to come downstairs.

After a last check, we went downstairs. When we came in Zaroon looked up and kept looking at Zahra. I coughed and then he lowered his gaze.

This wouldn't leave a good impression on Mushtaq uncle.

But luckily, he was too busy talking to papa. Zahra went to mama, Rania and Sila and greeted them. Papa stood up and patted Zahra on her head.

"So Zahra beta, you know why we're here." Mama said.

"Yes aunty."

"We all agreed for the wedding and now we only want to know your answer." Mama said.

"Aunty, I totally agree with this wedding." Zahra said.

"Well then, I think we should fix the date." Mushtaq uncle said.

"Uncle, wait." Zaroon said.

"Yes beta, tell me." Mushtaq uncle said.

"Do you have a problem if I talk to Zahra once?" Zaroon asked.

"Uh... if Zahra doesn't have any problem, I don't have any problem. After all you guys have to understand eachother."

"So Zahra, can we talk please?" Zaroon asked.

"Sure. Papa, we'll go to the garden." She answered.

"No problem, beta."

They went to the garden and in the living everyone talked about the wedding preparations. But what I don't get is why Zaroon wants to talk to Zahra.

Author's POV

They walked to the garden and sat down on the garden table.

"So... uhm, what do you want to talk about?" Zahra asked.

"Well actually, it's about your will. Maybe it's awkward but do you totally agree to this marriage?" Zaroon asked.

"Yes. I totally agree, why are you asking this? Don't you want to...?" Zahra said but Zaroon interrupted.

"No, no! It's not what you think.

I totally agree but I thought, maybe you agreed for the sake of your parents or Aleeza, because you don't want to loose your friendship or... " Zaroon was very

nervous.

"Zaroon, please calm down. No, I didn't agree for the sake of my parents or Aleeza. And do you think Aleeza would break our friendship if i rejected?" Zahra said.