IX

Manburg
In which you're in trouble again and it's Tommy's fault
And Techno isn't around to get you out of trouble

...~<<<()>>>~...

As the first light of dawn painted the sky, (Y/N) noticed Technoblade quietly preparing to leave their camp. She approached him, and asked, "Where are you off to so early?"

"I'm heading to a nearby village to trade for enchanted books. Need to get our gear up to par. Hey, you mentioned being able to craft potions, right?" He asks.

(Y/N) nodded, "Yes, potions are my specialty. And I can craft bows, arrows, and crossbows too. Why do you ask?"

"Good. Just making sure we're well-equipped. I might need your skills soon." He chuffed as he began to stuff resources into his bag. He needed to go mining, slay mobs for XP before he even thought about enchanting books, this was going to take a few days. He looked back at (Y/N), he didn't want to be away longer than necessary.

"Hey, Techno, you know what I've been thinking?"(Y/N) grinned after thinking back to the prior expedition in the ancient city

"What's on your mind?" Techno asked

"We make a pretty good team, don't we?" she smiled.

"Hmm, I suppose we do. What brought that on?" He said coldly, if she knew about the blood on his hands, the voices, she'd turn away from him... they all do. He shouldn't be getting used to having her around.

"Just reflecting and you should take me with you ." she smiled softly.

"Absolutely not," he huffed teasingly.

"Why not?" (Y/N) pouted.

"I need to make a lot of armour which means I need to go mining, ancient debris hunting and then trading, if I drag you along it'll take me more than a month," he said blankly. A look of hurt crossed (Y/N)'s face.

"Awww Techno you made her sad."

"Can we take her with us please."

She'll slow us down."

"I didn't mean it like that," Techno groaned. "It's safer for you here than it is with me... and I don't like seeing you get hurt," he said shyly.

(Y/N) was about to say something but was cut off.

"(Y/N)! Let's go, let's go! We've got things to do!" He grinned as he caught sight of (Y/N).

Ignoring the early hour, Tommy practically dragged (Y/N) towards the the exit to Pogtopia, where Technoblade was still gathering his things.

"Come on, (Y/N), we're gonna spy on Manburg! It's gonna be so much fun!" He boasted

Techno, overhearing the commotion, intervened with a stern expression. "Tommy, don't get her into trouble. She's got more sense than you, and I won't tolerate any antics that could put her in danger her."

"Oh, relax, Techno. We're just gonna watch, nothing dangerous!" Tommy scoffed

Technoblade, unmoved, grabbed Tommy's shoulder firmly. "I'm serious, Tommy. If anything happens to her because of your antics, you'll regret it. Now, let her go. I've got things to do, and you're not getting in her way."

As Tommy enthusiastically tugged her towards their adventure, (Y/N) turned back to Technoblade with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Techno. I can handle myself. I've been in a few tight spots before, and I know when to keep a low profile."

"I hope so. Just be careful, alright? I've got enough to worry about without adding your safety to the list." He said with a smirk.

(Y/N) nodded, appreciating Techno's concern. "I'll keep an eye on Tommy. And besides, I've got my potions. If anything goes south, I'll make a quick escape."