𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

"Um, I'm going to go talk to Michelle," Andie awkwardly said as she quickly turned around, not giving James a chance to respond.

As Andie walked over to Michelle, she felt a hand push her away, Andie stumbled back, glaring as she watched Emily walk past her with her nose up in the air, on her way to Michelle.

"Can I talk to Michelle for a sec?" Emilly asked Daniel and West, who were talking to Michelle. The two boys nodded, leaving the two blondes to themselves.

"I just wanted to come and congratulate you on making it into A-troupe," Emily said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Michelle was so oblivious to it as she smiled at the girl. "Thanks, it was really nice meeting you," Michelle exclaimed as she went in to hug Emily, only for Emily to reject her hug and stick out her hand instead.

"Look, a lot of people wanted this spot, so you better work really, really hard, okay?"

"Ok."

MICHELLE - CONTEMPORARY DANCER
"I'm kind of confused. I'm new here, and I don't know what I did wrong. I'm just kind of nervous about the whole situation."

In Kate's office, Kate and Chris watched their new team talk amongst themselves. "We need to decide who's going to be dance captain," Kate said as she folded her arms. Yes, we do." Chris nodded in agreement.

Andie was sitting alone in studio B. She had planned on coming here to dance, but once she walked in, all she did was sit and stare at a wall.

ANDIE - BALLET DANCER
"I'm sitting alone in Studio B, and I don't know if it's calming in a way."

Andie sighed, finally deciding to stand up, but she still didn't want to dance. "What am I doing?" she whispered to herself as she started to walk around the room. She heard the door open, and looking over her shoulder, she saw West.

WEST - HIPHOP DANCER
"I enter Studio B because I realized I left my shoes in here, and as I walk in, I see Andie. I don't know Andie, but I want to get to know her.

"Wassup?" West asked as he smiled at Andie. "Not much, really," Andie said as she stood in the middle of the room, feeling awkward.

"You know you're a really good dancer," West said, standing in the middle of the floor with Andie. She looked confused when she watched West walk over to her; she didn't know what to say.

"Um, thanks. You were really good, too," she said. She watched as West chuckled to himself. "Thank you, but what I meant was, you're an incredible dancer. It's like you have a gift."

ANDIE - BALLET DANCER
"When West says I have a 'gift', I'm honestly so confused, but it's still a really sweet thing for West to say, and I don't know apart me felt like I needed to hear it."

West looked at Andie's confused face before lightly chuckling and exiting the room. After West had left, Andie's face softened when she repeated the words West told her. She felt like she needed to hear something like that.

Kate and Chris sat in their office discussing the new dance captain. "Dance Captain." Chris said as he eyed the dancers, "Who's going to be Dance Captain this year?"

"Emily, of course," Kate said quickly, jumping to the decision.

KATE - BLINDED BY EMILY'S MEAN-GIRL PERSONALITY
"I know she can do it; she's done it in the past; she is what we need."

"Well, I think we should give the torch to someone else," Chris said. It's a fresh start, a fresh year, and a fresh dance captain."

CHRIS - COULD PROBABLY RUN THE STUDIO BETTER
"Now, if it were up to me, I would choose Michelle in a heartbeat.