Chapter 34: Karna-Supriya: So near yet so far!!

Start from the beginning

Karna was meditating hard yet he had sensed the familiar presence. Behind himself. Of his mother!!! How could he not identify her?!! He could feel her touch everywhere!!! He smiled a little and concentrated on his prayer. He knew it perfectly what she would ask for!! He felt sad. Even his mother had come to beg to him!!!

He broke up from his meditation and gave water to the Sun God.

"Aum Jaba Kusum Sankashan..
Kashyapayam Mahadyutim...
Dhantarim Sarva Papaghna..
Pranotashmi Diwakaram..."

He completed the mantra by taking his usual time. Then he came on the road. In wet clothes. He did not know that someone was peeping through the branches of oak tree behind him. She was going to witness everything.

 Devi Supriya (2nd Karna Sangini)

He came near his mother and folded his palms to her. In devotion. But he was not prepared for the shock!!!

"Putra, mujhe tumse ek daan chahiye. (Son, I want a favor from you.)" His dear mother had asked it. In anxious tone.

He looked at her direction calmly. He did not know that in later years like this way he had to face his biological mother once more!! He had to donate to her too!!!

"Agya kijiye (give me the order) Mate."
He answered her firmly. He could be able to understand what she could ask from him. Her soft heart would make her do this!!!

She took his palms into her own and looked at his face with moister eyes "Agya karna hota toh yahan nahin ati, Putra. (If I can order you, then I can't come here.)" Her voice was choking up in pain.

He looked at her direction with awe. He wanted her to complete her plead. All my herself!!

"Tuh Putri Sulochana ki pran bhiksha de de. (Kindly give the life back to daughter Sulochana.)" She asked him.

He asked her slowly "Yeah janne ki uparant bhi ki uske karan apke kul badhu Devi Padmavati ke pran sankat main tha!! Vrishasen ki pran ja sakta tha!! Devi Supriya ko bandi banaya ja sakta tha!!! Rajya Saurashtra ke adhin ho jata!! (How can you ask for this?!! Even after knowing that she was planning to kill your own beloved daughter-in-law Devi Padmavati?!! She was trying to harm your dear grandson Vrishasen?!! She was trying to imprison Devi Supriya?!! She was planning to snatch away this state and make it under Saurashtra?!!)"

"Main ek Ma hoon (I am a mother), Radheya." Radhama bit her lips in indecision yet she added "Tune vacan diya hain. Piche nahin mud sakta. (You have promised me just now. You can't say no to me.)"

He lifted his tired eyes to her and had replied proudly "Thik hain, Mate. Ap Karna ke pass aye hain. Woh apko nirash kadapi Nahin karega. Ap apni Radheya ko adesh de sakti thi. Jo apne Nahin kiya. Ap Basusen ko samjha sakti thi. Jo bhi apne nahin kiya. Ap Anga Raj Dan Beer Karna ke pass aye kyun ki apko bhay tha ki Radheya aur Basusen apki adesh ki abhelana kar denge. Chalo Mate yeah Karna apko vacan deta hain ki Narakashur putri Devi Sulochana ki pran dand nahin hoga. Parantu wonhe jibadassa main ajiban karagar main rehna hoga. Aur woh bhi Anga ka nahin. Kisi aur ka. Taki woh hamara birudha sadayantra na kar paye!!! (Okay mother. I am giving you my oath. You came to me as Karna. You can order Radheya. You can make Basusen understand your reasoning. But you did neither. You came to Karna as you are afraid that he will reject your plead as a son. So you came to a benevolent king who is well known to give anything at this time of the day. I, as Anga Raj Karna, then Grant your wish. I will give the life of Narakashur's beloved daughter Sulochana back. But she has to remain captive till her last breath. In the prison of some other state except Anga. So that she can't make anymore conspiracy against us.)"