Chapter 26: Karna's absence on Wedding Night!!

Start from the beginning

         Middle Pandava Bheemsen

"Sut Putra aur hamara Bhrata Arjuna ka samna karega!!! Jis ka baan parbat tod sakta hain!!! Bhumi ki chati chir ke Ganga Maiya ko prakat kar sakta hain!! Bano ke sajjya Main kisi ko bhi leta sakta hain!! Huh!!! (A mere Son of a charioteer will challenge our own powerful brother Arjuna?!!! How can he even dream of it!!! His arrows can break the mountains!!! Can bring the mother Ganges on the floor!!! Can be able to make anyone sleep in the bed of arrows!! What rubbish!!)" Nakul snorted aloud.

           Younger Pandava Nakul

It was not that they were wrong!!! Even Karna admitted the mastery of Arjuna in his heart!! But he despised the declaration without competition!! A best Archer of India should be ready to compete with anyone!! On the basis of his skills!!! Mastery of crafts!! Not on the basis of social hierarchy!!! He could not forget the eyes of Arjuna at that day!!! It haunted him till now!! He calmly stood at the arena and had lifted his lotus flower shaped eyes to Karna and arched his left eyebrow in amusement. As if Karna should not dare to challenge him!!! A mere boy of 15!!! What an audacity!!! He might be a Prince!! But his arrogance was too much to bear!!!

 As if Karna should not dare to challenge him!!! A mere boy of 15!!! What an audacity!!! He might be a Prince!! But his arrogance was too much to bear!!!

     Arjuna - arch enemy of Karna

Since that day he promised to be a best Archer that that young arrogant Prince!! But it would not be possible if Prince Duryodhan did not come to his aid!! He declared Karna as the King of Anga then and there. To save his own reputation!!! Karna bowed to his this greatness!! He promised himself to be Duryodhan's armor for life!! And for his sake he today had to sacrifice his own marital bliss!!! Today he had to jeopardize his own happy marriage with Padma!!!

It was not the case that he was angry on Duryodhan. Instead he was angry on himself. How could he do that to his wife!!! Who gave him everything!! Who supported him without any kind of complain!!! He was ashamed of his own act!! How could he put Vermilion on the parting of another girl!!! He loathed himself!!! In frustration he smacked his fist on the armrest of his own throne. For several times. With great force. Blood came out instantly. Alas!! He did not know that someone else was looking too at her own fist in shock!! Her Mehendi adorned right fist was also now full of blood!!!