Chapter 15: Introducing Duryodhan: Bhanu's nightmare!!

Start from the beginning

         Mama or Uncle Shakuni

Duryi was thinking deep when he had heard the shrill voice of his uncle -

"Bhanje, itna kya soch rahe ho?!! Chal do!! (Dear nephew, what are you now thinking so deep?!! Make a move!!)"

He made a disgusted face by twisting his right side of face. He was planning something. But his uncle, as usual, was not ready to leave him alone!!!

His maternal uncle again smirked a little and asked him -

"Rajkumari Bhanumati ki Dhyan kar rahe ho Kya, bhanje?!!! (Are you now concentrating on Princess Bhanu's upcoming Swayambar?!!)" Then he squeezed the dices in his palms and with an evil smirk landed them on the board. With a screm

"Pou Barah (Six)!!!"

The dices landed on the board and hit six

The dices landed on the board and hit six. He made a satisfied face. His dices never failed him!!! And why should they after all?!! They were made of his dear dead father Subal's bones!!! It was rumoured that dices talked in the hands of Shakuni!!! In dice game he was the King!!! None could defeat him a little bit!!! Even not Yudhhisthir too who was also known as the lover of dice game!!!! (His this love for dice game would later brought an ultimate disaster in his life.)

Suyodhan (real name of Duryodhan) looked coldly at his uncle. He did not like his uncle's this almighty attitude!! A bit!! But he needed his evil brain!!! His own brain sometimes failed him!!

"Ha toh?!! (Yes. So?!!)" He asked him. Calmly. While preparing for his own next move.

His brothers Bikarna and Dusashan had brought him a picture

His brothers Bikarna and Dusashan had brought him a picture. When both of them went in an Akher or Hunting. At Kalinga. With the King Chitrangad who was also known as Chtiravarma. The picture was of a very beautiful girl. Her long hair and piercing gaze made his heart fluttered inside his chest. He got mesmerized by her beauty. He sent his spies to the state to enquire about the girl and discovered that she was none but the famous Princess of Kalinga, Bhanu or Bhanumati herself.

      That Picture of Bhanumati

Duryodhan was believed to be an evil and lustful man. But he had no such desire for her. He simply wanted to marry her and to make her his wife. Lawfully wedded wife!!! But the whole situation got complicated. After the incident of Draupadi Swayambar he was not so sure that this Princess would want to make him as her own husband!!! He knew it perfectly well that most girls of his time deep in the heart were obsessed with rival. His cousin brother Arjuna. That chocolaty mama's boy who shared his own wife with his other four siblings in the order of his mother Kunti!!!!

Duryodhan broke up from his thought process by hearing another loud voice of his uncle Shakuni

"Kya huwa, bhanje!!! (What happened to you, dear nephew?!!)"

He snorted aloud in disdain while uttering this "Mamshree, main us Draupadi swayamabar ka apaman bhula nahin hoon!!! Aur yahan toh Kalinga Raj ne hame newta tak nahin bheja!!! Yeah toh apaman Hain!!! (My dear uncle, I did not forget the insult in the Druapadi Swayambar till now. And here the king of Kalinga did not even invited us Kaurava to join in the auspicious ceremony of the wedding of his daughter. This is an insult!!!)"
He had gritted his teeth in rage. He wanted to take revenge of this!!!

His uncle Shakuni looked at his face with interest. He was pleased to see this reaction on Duryi!!! This foolish Boy was now in his palm again!! Now he could mould him as he liked!!!

"Toh pratishod lo!!! (Then go and avenge your insult!!)" His uncle answered him calmly.

"Kyase!!! Woh Rajkumari toh hame manonit nahin karegi. Aur woss murkha Arjuna ko barmala degi!!! Aur Draupadi Swayambar Main huyi apaman ke uparant Mitra Karna ko bhi toh nahin keh sakta Main 'Jao. Jake us Rajkumari ko jitke lao. Mere liye. Woh gyan dega ki joh jitega ussi ko bibah karna padega. Aur mujhe to Rajkumariwo se Man bhar chuka hain. Mere Patni hi mera sab kuch hain.' Toh?!! Kiya karun?!!! (What to do?!! That Princess will never choose me instead of that fool Arjuna?!! And after that insult in the Swayambar of Druapadi I can't force friend Karna to go and win the Princess for me. He will give instances of Ved and Puran and say that it will be unjust to win a girl for another man as according to the rule of the Swayambar a man who wins a girl has to marry him. And even if I force him, he will tell me of his promise of not to be present in the Swayambar of any Princess again in his entire life citing the reason that he loves his wife tremendously!!!)" He snorted aloud in extreme anger.

"Toh apaharan karlo. Us Chaliya ne bhi toh yeahi kiya tha Bidarva ki Kanya Ruksmini ke sath!!! Kanya ko joh apaharan karta hain wahi woski Swami hota Hain. Aur apni Mitra ko apni mitrata ke kasam deke apne dal Main samil karlo. Woh na nahin bol payega tumhe!!! (Then kidnap the girl. That Lord Krishna had done the same with Bidarva Princess Ruksmini too. Whoever abducts the girl becomes the owner of her. Then she can't marry Arjuna according to her wish. And give your friend Karna the oath of your friendship. He can't say no to you. And where is Karna there is win. Guaranteed!!!)" His uncle Shakuni had given him an excellent idea.

Suyodhan smirked a bit. He had now found the road. To reach to his dream girl!!! Bhanumati!!!!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Can Duryodhan be successful in his clever endeavour? How his marriage with Bhanumati help in Karna and Supriya union? The answers are in upcoming chapters. Enjoy.

************************************