Chapter 9: Bhanu knows Supriya's Identity!!

Beginne am Anfang

  Devi Rambha (mother of Supriya)

She bit her lips and smiled lifelessly. She had to bear the consequences too. In Indra Sabha she had became the laughing stock of all. For her falling for an earthling like him and giving birth to an illegitimate child of his. Till now she was ashamed!!! But not now!! She was proud of herself!!! At least she became a mother!!! She was in love once in her lifetime!!!

"Devi..." He outstretched his hands to her.

She backed away and looked painfully to him. "Ap mujhe nahin chun sakte, Arya. Kyunki ap jibit hain. (You just can't touch me. As you are still living now.)"

He sighed hard. He truly loved her. Even if he was unaware of her true identity then!! She lifted her right hand and tried to touch him. All of a sudden an angry outburst stooped them both. In their respective track.

"Par yeah bat itni der tak chupane ki hetu!!! (But why do you hide this truth till now!!!)"

Devi Bhanumati (sister of Supriya)

Both looked at the fuming face of Bhanumati. In awe. When did she entered into the room?!! They did not even notice her presence in the room. Till now.

Devi Rambha tilted her beautiful head to Bhanu and answered her query "Main bibash thi Putri. (I was truly helpless, my dear daughter.)"

Bhanu arched her right eyebrow slightly in question mode. "Aisi kyonsi bibashta joh ek Mata ko apni Putri ki durdasha dekhne main bibash kar de?!! (What kind of helplessness it is that a mother had to watch her only daughter's distress?!! Day by day!!)" She snapped at her. She asked that question which Supriya had to ask to her mother.

Devi Rambha sighed hard recalling her own distress and replied softly "Main ek Apsara hoon. Woh kisi se Prem toh abasya kar sakti hain, par nahin kisi ki patni ban sakti hain aur nahin kisi ki Mata!!! Swarga ka yeahi niyam hain!!! (I am an Apsara or a divine virgin girl. I can fall in love to anyone but neither can marry him nor be called as the mother of his child. It was completely against the law of heaven.)"

"Parantu Devi Urvashi bhi toh Rajah Puruba se bibah ki thi Aur woke 5 putro ke mata banithi!! (But your best friend Devi Urvashi had married the King Puruba and neared him 5 sons

"Parantu Devi Urvashi bhi toh Rajah Puruba se bibah ki thi Aur woke 5 putro ke mata banithi!! (But your best friend Devi Urvashi had married the King Puruba and neared him 5 sons. Then?!!)" Bhanu lifted another valid point. Again. This girl's logic was truly irrefutable!!!

 This girl's logic was truly irrefutable!!!

Devi Rambha smiled at her. Brightly. Then she added "Ha parantu woh bhi ek shap tha. Woysi shap toh Devi Ganga ko bhi mila tha!! Aur mujhe bhi!! (Yes. But that was also due to a major curse. Even Mata Ganga also got a curse like this. And me too!!!)" Then she stopped for a second and then had continued with a sof sigh "Mahabharata ke nirnayak yuddha main hamara bhi Kuch yogdan rehna tha na. Uravshi ki Putra Kuru vansh ke Pitamah bane. Ganga Putra Bhism bhi won main samil hain. Mere yogdan yeah tha ki mujhe Putra Karna ki ardhangini ko janam dena tha. Woh Maine kar diya. Ab Main mukta hoon!!! (In the coming war of Mahabharata we all have to play our roles. Uravashi sons became the forefather of the Kuru clan. So also Ganga son Bhism. And my role was to give birth to the most devoted wife of Karna. I had done that. Now I am free from my curse!!)"

She smiled brightly and bowed to the King. The King looked at her in awe. He was not ready to bade goodbye to his love!!! She smiled brightly and tried to touch Bhanu but stooped at the last moment. Then she told her "Apni Bhagini ka dayitwa tumhara hain, Putri. Main usse tumhe sanpe ja rahi hoon. Is mata ka laj rakhna. (Keep your sister safe, my daughter. I am giving her responsibility to you. Please keep my honour.)"

"Main vachan deti hoon, Mate. Pran rehte huwe apni Bhagini ki rakhsha karungi. (I promise you, mother. I will protect her with my own life.)" Bhanu sat on Rambha's feet. With devotion. And folded her palms. In respect.

"Ayusmati vab. (Have a long life.)" She blessed her stepdaughter and with a splash disappeared in dark.

Bhanu wiped her tears. She did not get any chance to meet her mother too. She was also an unfortunate child since her birth. Talking to Rambha was like talking to her own dead mother!!! She was moved too!!!

Suddenly she sensed someone's soft hand on her forehead. She narrowed her eyes to him. It was her father. She sat for a while. Then she got up in an instance and declared aloud -

"Yeah mat samajh na, Pitashree, ki Maine apni Mata ki tarah apko bhi kshama kar diya hain!!! Joh purush apni galati ko sudhar na sake wo toh Purush kehlane ki ayogya hain. (Don't you dare to think, father, that I have forgiven you too. Like my stepmom. Any man who does not learn any lesson from his mistake is not called as a man. At all.)"

Then with confident strides she faded away from the scene. Leaving her old father. Alone. To repent hard. For his own blunder mistake of not admitting his own Biological daughter Supriya in front of all.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

When will Karna Met with Supriya? What will happen to Bhanumati? Can she marry Arjuna or someone else? Stay tuned for more.

************************************