Chapter 1

Avery heard crying in a dark alleyway, so he decided to investigate the sound and found his sister crying out in pain. He ran towards the sound and froze in fear at seeing his sister covered in lacerations, bleeding out. He looked up to see his Father standing over her injured and bleeding body. His father looked at him and laughed before turning around to walk away. Once Avery could move, he ran to his sister only to notice his mom by the wall not moving. Silence. He hears movement behind him and turns to see his father standing over him with a knife. His father then stabs him laughing manically.

Avery awoke in a fit of panic and shot up to look around before realizing it was a nightmare. Getting up he runs his hand through his shoulder length black hair breathing heavily. His roommate, Amaris, grumbled rolling over to face him with concern. "You alright, love?" He asks accent heavy.

"Yeah, just a bad dream" Avery breathes beginning to bite his nails. He looks at the alarm clock by his side of their bed '3:25AM' he thinks.

'It is quite early' another voice says making Avery flinch. He blinks twice. Pausing.

Amaris, raising an unconvinced eyebrow, says, "Love, do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really. "Avery says quietly, going back to biting his nails.

"Alright, Love" Amaris says his voice heavy with sleep, rolling back over, "Goodnight, do try to get some more sleep, but please wake me if you need me." he continues voice muffled slightly by his pillow.

Avery hums in response. Then he goes to sit on the edge of their bed trying to calm his breathing. 'He's in jail right? He can't hurt us anymore.' the voice speaks again. "Whose there?" He whispers, He looks around eyes wide and glowing.

"Are you sure you're okay, Hun?" Amaris rolls over and asks concerned.

"Yeah" Avery smiles, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Amaris asks once again.

"Yeah, I'm fine" Avery mumbles.

Amaris, still unconvinced, says "Okay ill drop it"

Avery releases a sigh of relief.

"For now," Amaris adds eyes narrowing slightly.

"Alright thank you Dear" Avery says lightly chuckling.

"Goodnight, Love" Amaris says rolling over and going back to sleep.

Once Amaris quiets Avery is left to his thoughts. 'Come on, you know who I am' the voice says. The familiar voice makes Avery think.

'Adrian?' he questions internally.

'That's me! Hello, my friend.' Adrian answers in a fond tone.

'I thought I'd never hear from you again; you disappeared after the incident?' Avery thinks with concern.

'We're still calling it that?' Adrian jokes.

'You and I both know that it was traumatizing.' Avery answers internally slight annoyance in his tone.

Adrian makes a sound of agreement, 'True, but I'm back.' he comforts. 'You should do as your mate requested and get some sleep' Adrian whispers.

'Yeah, it is rather late' Avery yawns falling asleep. 'Goodnight' he thought before falling into the sweet realm of Morpheus.

'Night' Adrian answered quietly.

'I missed this' thought Avery happily running through the flower field with the others in the pack. He stops and rolls around in the flowers.

"Hey, keep up" His friend says laughing.

"I'm coming" Avery says following.

The Child of the Blood GoddessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara