Ruby's Life/New Adventure Begins

Narrator's POV

It was 6:29 in the morning of Chicago, Illinois and inside a room in a small apartment complex is a red/yellow tip-haired teenage girl, who is sleeping peacefully on her bed and her name is Ruby.

Soon an alarm clock went from 6:29am to 6:30am and it starts going off as it starts beeping, making Ruby groan in annoyance as she press the button to stop it but the alarm kept going and then Ruby slammed her alarm clock on the ground as it finally stopped. Ruby sat up, stretches a bit with a yawn and goes to the restroom to wash her face to wake up a little before noticing that her hair was messy.

Ruby blinks before sighing and smiles before she starts brushing her teeth, fixing her hair and quickly grabs an outfit to wear today for school

( ↓This is Ruby's outfit; minus the glasses↓ )

Ruby's POV

After I was done getting dressed, I went to the kitchen and saw my Mom cooking breakfast while humming and my Grandma is drinking tea as she was reading a book. "Morning Mom, Grandma" I said greeting them and they looked up/turned around and smiled at me. "Good morning sweetie" Mom said and while Grandma says warmly as I went over to her and hugged her "Good morning, my little gem" and then Mom says "Breakfast is ready" before opening the door to the refrigerator, which lacks milk.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I can pick up some more after school while I'm out today" I said before I finished eating a piece of toast. "About that, Ruby. You're still going to that DJ rehearsal next week... without me?" Mom asked, sounding worried as she passed me a plate of eggs and bacon and I took it and started eating while I was listening to her. "Well, y-you're gonna be busy that day.... and I know you aren't big on the whole 'going alone' thing, so.." I started to say before Mom sighs and says "Look Ruby. It's just... I just get worried about you and I know things haven't been easy for you since..." she paused before looking away and I frowned knowing what she meant and I put my plate down and hugged her.

"I promise nothing bad will happen to me, Mom. You taught me how to fight and defend myself" I said and this made Mom smile softly before saying "You're right. See you later" and after giving Mom and Grandma one more hug and kiss, I left the apartment and went to the parking lot and saw my Ford F-150.