II

Braylee's POV

"Hey babe." I smiled when my boyfriend pulled into my driveway.

"Hey love." Charles smiled as he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"How was your first practice with the new team?" He grabbed his bag and carried it into my new apartment.

"It was good I think...I'll have to see how adjust to being here."

"Oh love! Barcelona is much better than London. You'll love living here and I think your team is going to adore you almost as much as I do." He gently placed a kiss on my cheek and smiled. That adorable heart melting smile...

"I hope you're right."

"I can't wait to watch one of your games here in Barcelona. And you get to watch my race here soon."

It was odd seeing how oddly well our two careers worked out together. Charles was the Ferrari Formula first driver. He was so talented and handsome. I was a player on the Uswnt and now Barcelona. I couldn't discredit my own success too. It was just a great compliment to each other. Two world class athletes.

It was an honor that Barcelona considered giving me a position on the team. I played two seasons over at Arsenal. A very unpleasant two seasons for the club. It wasn't Arsenal itself that I hated. The coach and I never saw eye to eye. Then there was the ex...

"My love. Are you alright?" Charles broke me out of my thoughts and I nodded.

"Alot running through my mind that's all."

"You could talk to me about it." I gently shook my head. The past is the past I need not to dwell on it.

"Tell me more about your practice today." He gave me a soft smile knowing that would help.

"This team is really sweet. Ona and Aitana have been so welcoming. They're both Spanish players. The captains were acting really odd when I met them so I'm kind of nervous that they might not like me."

"Nonsense. They don't know you. If they don't know you they can't dislike you. Its just the first day. Everything is going to pan out lovely for you." Charles assured me as I sat in his lap and he turned on his favorite soccer team's game. It was cute that he liked soccer.

I loved racing as well. I just never got into it when I was young. I've played soccer my whole life. I never even tried anything else. My dad told me when he first saw me kick a ball he knew I was meant for soccer.

"My little futbol star is going to do amazing."

"And my little racecar boy is going to win next weekend." I smiled as I kissed his nose.

"If my team isn't fucking idiotic. My whole life I've wanted to drive for Ferrari...and I don't know anymore. All the mistakes they're ruining my chances at ever being champion."

I gave him a small frown. Like I said I love racing so there wasn't a single race I missed. If it was during one of my games I watched it directly after. That is if I wasn't able to attend. And I had caught on to the ways Ferrari was ruining his career.

"You're so beautiful." I blushed as I leaned back against him.

"Shh I'm watching soccer."

"Futbol."

"I'm American its soccer."

"It should be futbol." He laughed and tightened his arms around me.

Charles was such a good boyfriend. I was insecure and had my doubts here and there but I was dumb so I usually ignored any suspicions I had. He's too sweet to cheat on me and he has a public image to uphold. Surely he wouldn't. I've given him no reason to. Besides after a girl gets cheated on once someone wouldn't break her heart like that again, right?

I know that at times he can't always answer but sometimes it felt odd. Like its a time of day he should be free but isn't. Luckily moving to Barcelona's team I wouldn't be over played and worked as I was on Arsenal's squad.

Barcelona promised my national team to allow me to rest not only for my physical health but mental. I often think about leaving the soccer scene and just going to a full on housewife lifestyle. It would be easier, but I love soccer. I can't give up on it yet.

Not until I win the Champions League.

Another reason I moved to Barcelona is for the wins. I have to win. Its always been a requirement for me. Anything else is a disappointment. I can't be a disappointment.

"How do you do it though...?"

"Do what?" Charles looked at me confused.

"Racing is so much harder mentally. You go out there and only one person wins and you can't win every time. I can't stand to lose I could never do it. How do you handle the defeat?" Charles chuckled at my comment and shook his head.

"Well no one on earth is more competitive than you. It's not easy but I'm not losing alone. In some aspects its my fault. More often its not on me though. You could learn a thing or two about not taking full responsibility."

"Doubtful..."

I've never been a captain. And I probably never will be captain. Reason number one: I can't handle the stress.

I felt my phone buzz and smiled.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I hope your first day went well. Let's grab breakfast tomorrow? You, me and Aitana? You can pick the time!- Ona⚽️🔴

May I bring someone?

I don't see the issue with that. Mind if I ask who?- Ona⚽️🔴

My boyfriend 🫣

BRING HIM!- Ona⚽️🔴

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Would you like to meet two of my teammates tomorrow morning over breakfast?"

"No I think I'll sleep in honestly." I playfully rolled my eyes at him and smiled.

"I'll look my best." He assured me and I smiled. I'm so lucky. There's no way there could be a better person out there for me.