001 ➥ the one where they get roomates ¹

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

T̶H̶E̶ ̶O̶N̶E̶ ̶W̶H̶E̶R̶E̶ ̶M̶O̶N̶I̶C̶A̶ ̶G̶E̶T̶S̶ ̶A̶ ̶R̶O̶O̶M̶A̶T̶E̶

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒

The five minute walk to Central Perk was a bit slower than Hannah or Rachel intended it to be but nevertheless, they made it and thank God for that because it was getting harder and harder for Hannah to mask her pain.

Rachel pushed the door open with her available arm and essentially dragged Hannah with her. The girl was practically whimpering at this point and it didn't help that everyone turned towards them as they entered the coffee place.

(Gunther was nowhere to be seen, unfortunately.)

As they made their way to the front counter, Hannah heard one of the customers speak. "𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗼𝗹𝗹― 𝘄𝗼𝗮𝗵 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱." He said, his eyes going from the front door to the two girls.

From the corner of her eye, Hannah saw that there was a group of friends hanging out nearby on the coffee place's couch. Now that she looked at the group of five, she remembered seeing them rather often on the days she worked.

One of the two girls on the group, with beautiful black hair, stood up and walked towards them, concern laced in her features. "Rachel?" She called out.

Rachel turned around. "Oh God Monica, hi! Thank God!" She exclaimed, wrapping both her arms around the girl and for some reason, completely forgetting Hannah existed.

Since she couldn't apply pressure on her injured foot, the girl tripped and fell... on someone.

The guy who had previously spoken was sitting on a chair right next to the couch and Hannah had no choice but to cushion her fall with his lap. Yes, her stomach was now pressed against a stranger's (a male stranger's) legs.

"I just went to your building and you weren't there and then this guy with a big hammer said that you might be here and you are, you are!" Rachel was rambling on, holding tightly onto Monica's hands.

Hannah stared up at the guy. He looked bewildered to say the least.

"Can I get you some coffee?" The girl behind the counter asked Rachel (Hannah seemed to remember her name was Juliet).