Chapter Fifty-Two: The Same

Comincia dall'inizio

I falter, slouching my shoulders. "Is this another test?"

He shakes his head as relief washes over me. "No, not yet. This is about Eri."

I widen my eyes a little before leaning against the counter opposite him. I ask, "Is she awake? How is she? What's her condition?"

He holds up his hand to me to stop the questions. I hold my tongue as he responds, "Yes, she has awoken. She is stable, she feels fine." I smile a little, looking down to my hands. They are nervously aware of my surroundings. I can feel the blood pumping through my veins. "She's asked to meet with you, Togata and Midoriya. As soon as you can."

When I look at him again, he's softened his expression. I go to talk when he cuts me off. "Now, I understand how willing or unwilling you may be to speak with her, but remember that you were in the hospital for a few weeks more than the others were. Supplementary classes are still in session, and you have missed quite a lot. If you do go and see Eri, keep in mind the work you have to complete."

As he says that, reality sinks in. I'm still a student. I'm not a pro hero yet. I still have to study and pass all my classes.

Hastily, I respond, "I can do it, Sir. I'll visit Eri."

He seems a bit hesitant but ultimately nods his head. "Okay. You are going next week with the other two." He tells me, and I nod my head, "Now, Asui, Uraraka, Midoriya, Tokoyami and Kirishima are taking their extra classes from 4:10 PM to 6:30 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as 10:15 AM to 1:40 PM on Sundays. You will be joining these classes in a week from now, but if your condition worsens, then we may have to postpone your exams."

I widen my eyes and shake my head. "No, Sir, that won't be necessary." I tell him. I'm afraid of falling behind. I've already missed so much, I need to catch up with everyone else. "I'm going to my classes today, and I can join in on the supplementary classes on Thursday. I'm in fine condition."

Mr Aizawa squints at me for a moment before sighing, "Okay, L/N. As long as you're sure. Now, I'll let you get ready. Don't be late for homeroom, Iida will be upset."

I smile and nod my head, waving 'goodbye' to him. I cannot fall behind any further.

After getting ready for school way too early, I pick up my bag with my books head to the common room. Everyone else is down there at 7:15 AM to start on breakfast. I pass Todoroki and Kaminari in the kitchen, confused on how to begin. Yaoyorozu, Sato and Uraraka watch over their shoulders, observing their... mess.

"Already heading out?" Katsuki questions, sitting at one of the tables with rice and fish. He raises a brow at me as I stop at their table. Kirishima, Sero and Tsu are sitting nearby, talking.

"Uh, yeah." I retort, fixing my blazer, "I'm just gonna' go and visit Hitoshi. It feels like forever since I've spoken to him."

"Well, with exams and all that shit, it's hard to." He scoffs, shaking his head, "Don't be late for homeroom."

I smile a little, just a little as I watch him eat his food. It seems like it's back to normal, but... I know better than that. I reach a hand over and ruffle his hair, walking by.

"I won't. Relax, Katsuki." I hum, moving to the door. He growls, pushing my hand away from his head with a small, tickling explosion. "See you in homeroom."

On my way to the General Education dormitories, I pass by teachers who stop and welcome me home. I make small talk, being sure to continue on my way to make it to homeroom in time. Some students see me, but don't say anything. Only staring and talking to their friends, or looking down to their phones after I catch them. I make sure that my uniform is on right and is covering anything that should be covered.