"Totally." I laugh.

"It's not that I don't think you're beautiful, that's not what I'm saying, Ra." I laugh. He looks in bewilderment. "What?"

"You don't have to defend not wanting to sleep with me. I'm glad we didn't either." I say. I wait a second. "It's not that I don't think you're beau—"

Pillow launched in face. I'm laughing. This is a good hangover cure. "So I almost brought a shawty back here last night." He says. "I think I was out with Bieber until maybe four."

"Wow."

"We all got back to the hotel and I was like... 'where's my card?' And then Jay was like 'you gave it to the blonde at the afterparty!' Just shit man. The girls in the room next door. Had to pay for her to get a room for the inconvenience and then come back to reception a replacement key. Put me right off you Ra." He's laughing. I'm laughing too.

"Wait so is Justin with the girl next door?" I ask. He's married.

"Shit no. We have bro code. He wouldn't go after a lady I was focused on." He says. "I know what you're thinking. He's married." He shakes his head. "It's not like that Ra, he and his lady argued at the afters last night. He for a room here to let her cool off."

"You owe me nothing, Aaron." I say. Trying to seem the least interested in The Biebers love life and complications. "I meant, if he's not with her and she's next door. Go and have breakfast with her."

"Have you never had a one night stand?" He laughs.

"Have you never been laid in the morning?"

Aaron picks up the phone. Cancels breakfast. Orders a spread to the room instead. Croissants, fruit bowels, coffees, pastries, pancakes, eggs, bacon. The works.

"You're actually cool." He says shaking his head. "I'm glad you came last night." He smiles at me. Genuine smile.

"I hope we can hangout again." I tell him, and I really mean it. He beams.

"I'm gonna shower."

"Are you not hungover?" I ask. His eyes widen and head tips back.

"So hungover." He laughs. "Look, make yourself comfortable. I am only in the hills but I thought it was best to just get a room for the night. So check out is at eleven. If I don't see you before then, drop the key at reception and put anything you used from the bar here last night on my card. And I'll text you a little later?"

I smile at him. He leaves. Shower turns on. My phone starts calling. "Hello?"

"Hey Cara." It's Scotty. "Look are you good?"

"Of course I'm good. I can look after myself." I laugh.

"Not what I mean. Tay is stressing. When are you home? Do you need me to come pick you up from anywhere?"

Perfect opportunity. "Um, yeah. Maybe?" I question. "I'm at Aaron's hotel. Why don't you come grab me with Tay and we can go get breakfast?"

"Sounds good. Drop me your pin. She's just in the shower. Probably get there for ten-thirty?"

"Perfect. I'll see you then." I hang up. Check battery. 6%. Fuck.

I put my shoes on. Knock at door. I answer. Room service. "Oh thanks so much." I say, bringing the cart in. Tip them a twenty. Will ask Aaron for it back. No. Maybe not? Does that look bad? I look in my wallet. Sixty dollars.

Enough for breakfast. I'll work out the rest later.
Shower stops. Aaron emerges in just a towel. "Are you going like that?" I ask, humour laced in my voice.

"Fuck off Ra," he says reaching onto the cart. Throws a single plastic wrapped toothbrush out me. "Sort yourself out."

Can't even catch it. Pick it up. "Good luck." I say. Head into bathroom. Lock door. Brush teeth. Splash water on my face. Pick up Harness from floor and shove it into my purse. Roll sleeves up. Spray on Aaron's deodorant. Smell like a wood fire in a forest. Yay.

I leave the bathroom. He's gone. I head to breakfast downstairs. I get a coffee. "Do you have a phone charger?" I ask one of the waitresses whilst dropping my location pin in the group chat between Taylor, Scotty and I.

"I'm sorry I don't."

I text: Bring charger.

I sit at a table. Feeling very sorry for myself. Man sits down at same table as me.

"You're the blonde from last night." Look up.

_____________________________