˖ ᝬ ʿ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝟐,,

Start from the beginning

loud commotion boomed through the phone. it was his male co-workers, and soon, a feminine voice accompanied them. her laughs echoed through the phone.

let's call it a woman's intuition— that woman was so clearly flirting with kai. the soft laughs that fell out her mouth whenever he said something had flirting written all over it.

i could hear the smile in her tone, "rhylee, what were you saying?" i heard from the other side of the phone.

my mouth fell open, the words traveled from my throat. however, her words arrived much faster than mine, "malakai, are you seriously on your phone right now? you're supposed to be talking to me!!" she cooed.

a sinister smile hid between her words. i could feel the jealousy running through my veins. kai's laughter echoed, the laughs I never received. he was willing to give them to a woman he'd known for mere months.

but, not the woman he'd been with for years. he quickly agreed with her— the same smile she had was intertwined with his tone, "i gotta go."

his tone differs from the provocative one he used with the other woman. his tone more colder. tears brimmed my eyes, "alright, bye, i love y—"

i was cut off again. he no longer cared for the simple three words. those words meant nothing anymore.

warm tears pelted down my cheeks. the feeling of being unwanted rushes through my veins. the feeling that lowers your self-esteem. all i want is to be seen.

is that too much to ask for?

my phone vibrated again— the vibrations going through the couch it rested on. a sigh fell from my lips. i grabbed the phone, slowly. my eyes scanned the name:

"dick u downers 💦💦"

a light smile appears on my face. i quickly whipped the salty tears— blinking a few times. i clicked the green answer button.

ivy and vanessa's faces appear. my other two friends' cameras turned off, "look who finally answered," nessa teased.

"you know she busy being a housewife and all," ivy said.

rory's camera turned on, "ivy, you mad you can't settle down with anyone," rory bantered.

"and i ain't no damn housewife!!" i corrected her, smiling.

"anyways, let's meet up at rhylee's house," madelyn said. well, more like demanded. yet, she never ran the question by me.

i never once complained, i love my friends with my entire heart.

soon, a firm knock was placed on my wooden front door. i skipped to the door, the unwanted feeling washing away. i knew my friends loved me deeply— i only wish kai was like this.

i swung the door open, engulfing the three in a hug, "girl, knew your house was nice but DAMN!!" ivy exclaimed at the sight of the new house— she had only seen it once, undecorated.

i smiled, stepping aside to let them in, "so where's the money maker?" vanessa inquired, her eyebrow quirked the slightest.

my smile faded, and instantly, i was drenched in that same depressing feeling. i sighed, leading them over to the kitchen. i rested my arms on the marble island.

"it's that bad?" Madelyn asked, rubbing small circles on my back.

"he seems more interested in his assistant than me," i mumbled— head hung low.

"we can go beat her ass right now," rory smiled. i wish she was joking, but i knew rory very well— she isn't.

i clasped my hands together, the sound echoing through the walls, "you guys came here to have fun, not talk about my relationship," i said, a fake smile plastered across my face, "so movies?"