ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

-·x»❖«-
ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

-·x»❖«x·-ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

-·x»❖«-

A dark landscape, that was all these wolves were accustomed to. Growling and howling filled the cold dead air, dead tree branches decorating the sky whenever anyone tried looking upward. Within the darkness strode out a singular wolf, a wolf with bright cabaret eyes that glared at any others within its way. Red markings decorate its mangy black pelt causing some wolves to move away and others to laugh. Such acts would get one killed in this atmosphere.

"Hagan!" A name growled out causing the wolf to stop in its tracks and turn around. Following him was an angry she-wolf with a dark woodsmoke gray coat that could easily be mistaken for black. Her eyes were what brought attention to her, she was a disguiser, a wolf with white rings for an iris. Accompanying the white circles was a thin white slit, telling all others she was born within this world.

"Calypso" The red-coated wolf purred out with venom, "I thought I would be meeting you there"

"You old bastard, I said I'd meet you on the way there" The female growled back, her pelt shifting against the foggy shadows of the dark realm.

The two argued as they made their way, speaking against each other, one calm and collected while the other fiery and assertive. The soft dirt ground gave way to a rocky surface, signifying their arrival. The two wolves quieted down as fast as a blink of an eye. Their eyes were used to the dark, the dark they called home. "Ladies first" Hagan smirked

"Age before beauty" Calypso huffed

"Technically you're a shapeshifter, you're the ugliest thing there is" The bloodfang smiled as he watched his companion's fur bristle.

She turned to him, her fur slowly changing as her muscles and bones popping filled the foggy air. Her face turned and bent into a terrifying sight for any living wolf, but these wolves weren't living. "Want me to show you ugly?" A high and twisted voice sang out of Calypso's larger form

"Now now Calypso, best to control that anger" A third voice rang before Hagan could reply. With the signaling gusts of wind, the two darkones looked up to find their king who lay perched on a tall boulder. The glider wore a pelt as black as the shadows themselves and wings as well kept as true royalty. His eyes were a bright guardsman red with slits within his pupils just as bright of a color, striking fear into his enemies and allies alike. "We never know when it may get you into trouble dear"

The disguiser shifted back to her preferred form, the same messy dark woodsmoke gray coat as before. "My apologies King Hiei"

"Hiei" Hagan nodded his head earning a glare from Calypso and a narrowed look from the glider above him

"I understand we are closer than most in this realm Hagan but address me by my name only again and I will show you treatment of such who disobey me"

Calypso smirked at the bloodfang who kept his head down lower "My apologies my king"

Hiei's eyes remained on Hagan as he jumped to the cold stone floor from the tall rock he was perched upon. There was an elegance in the king's movements but a deathly promise in his gaze "Best not make the mistake again"

"You all seem to be getting along wonderfully" A fourth party butted in. Hiei smirked as he turned his gaze to a lean she-wolf with bright red markings. Her fur was a deep red, showing the truth of her merciless nature.

"Deianeira, my love" The glider sat straight as his murderous gaze turned to what most would call amusement "You look as lovely as ever"

"Hiei," The female looked the king up and down as she licked red liquid from the sides of her muzzle "You seem fairly excited"

"Why of course darling! Today is a family reunion after all" The king and his lover stood face to face, eyes boring into each other's

Deianeira snickered as she turned to the mouth of a nearby cave, caring little for the two other wolves watching the encounter. "Then let's start going"

"to think creatures who live off of murder need a prison" Calypso mumbled but her voice rang through the close rocky halls of the cavern "Ridiculous"

"As correct as you are, we didn't always have one" Deianeira huffed a half growl "You are too young and too much of a paw-licker to know what monster we truly keep locked down here". Calypso was to reply but was quickly silenced by the blood red gaze of the 'queen'.

Hagan chuckled as the cowardly disguiser backed down. The corridor was dark but the eyes of a darkone were accustomed to such shades.

It was a long walk, a silent walk. Within the bottom-most cave, the only light came from the few torches mounted along the walls and the dim red glow of a magical sigil in the center of the room.

Laying in the middle of the sigil was a hunched-over mass that was covered in shadow. One would think the creature to be dead if it were not for the slight movement of its body rising the falling with each breath. Golden chains etched with sigils locked the wolf from its neck, wrist, and wings.

"The night of no stars is almost upon us. We must place more wolves to keep watch, I care little for what or who they are, make sure they are here" Hiei demanded as his eyes lay trained on the still creature in the middle of the room.

"Your majesty, I don't understand, why have such measures for one glider?" Calypso questioned, quickly grabbing the attention of the queen bloodfang

"Insolent!" Deianeira growled and started her approach but Hiei quickly stepped in her way. The two shared a silent conversation in their gaze but quickly ended as Deianeira growled out and turned her course of direction.

The king turned his cold gaze to the shapeshifter, approaching her. "Listen close and listen well. Darkborns are naturally stronger than those converted. Not only is the boy a darkborn but he himself is impossible" Hiei glanced at the motionless shadow. "We call ourselves evil, but that thing is vile. He will kill to kill, till the entirety of the mortal realm is reduced to nothing, just for fun. Once he conquers the mortal plane, he will turn his gaze to ours."

"The mortal realm...but that's how we survive"

"Very perceptive of you" Hiei growled out in sarcastic annoyance as he turned back to Calypso "Every blood moon there is a threat of his escape, let alone a night of no stars. We must never let it happen" The king slowly started for the pathway up, his lover taking her place at his side "Now, we must make preparations"

Calypso's mind wandered as she stared off after her king. Her gaze moved back to the threat that was causing all this trouble. "He's more than just a glider" Hagan spoke out "He's truly just a damned abomination"

The bloodfang started his journey out of the cave, following the royal pair. Calypso's gaze remained on the shadowed figure, before turning and following her companions.

The four wolves ascended the cave side, leaving the hunched-over glider behind to rot. As the small group disappeared they failed to notice the small change in the breathing of the darkone. A gust of fire escaped the creature's lips as it sighed in almost relaxation. A twisted smile curved the wolf's lips as a deep chuckle met the dark silence.

The flames upon the torches blew out with a sudden gust of wind, leaving the red glow of the wolf's magical cage to flicker in the darkness. Piercing blood-red eyes opened to gaze up where his captures could last be seen
"The night is coming you say?" Another deep hoarse laugh rang through the empty cavern halls "Thanks for telling me, papa"