Let the bodies hit the floor

(Hey just to let yall know the og ghost face pairs dont apply. Simply because i dont like some Ghostfaces personally so throw everything you know out the window and buckle in! Also im like hella busy soo very slow updates :^)

Infront of you were various bodies. Pulled out of the boxes. Each one had been killed by the same thing, some form of a knife. The only thing connecting these murder at all was the Ghostface involvement. You walked forward. Gazing over the bodies.

It felt like air was pulled out of your lungs, your diaphragm collapsed in on itself. A sort of thick glob of salvia stuck in your throat. After you got back...you couldnt look at bodies the same. Their eyes were all closed but you swore you felt their gazes. Crawling on you, blaming you.

A hand rests on your shoulder. Making you flinch as you turned. There was a sort of look of worry swirling in Marks blue eyes. Except for once it didnt make you feel guilty, there was just a small spark of warmth.

"Are you okay there Dr. (L/n)" he asks.

"Yeah sorry i just...ive been having off days" you cleared your throat.

You grabbed the reports. Then you paused. Looking over the information, glancing back over your shoulder. Your eyes practically staring through Mark.

"These reports are already filled out by other medical examiners, what do you need me for?" You questioned, putting the clipboard back into its slot by the body.

Then you turned your body to face him. Your hands in the pockets of your white coat that swished carefully around your shins. Mark sighed and turned looking at the bodies. There was a sort of look that appeared before it disappeared completely.

"I need your help on the cases Doctor, from what ive heard you used to be a criminal profiler and even before then you were here for the original Ghost face spree"

As he explains you were already shaking your head. Grabbing your gloves that stuck uncomfortably against your skin. Throwing them down the trash.

"No im simply not going back into the field, let alone for the Ghost face case, you dont need my help i-"

"(L/n)" Marks stern voice broke through your ranting "these people need your help"

"And how would i even be able to do that, i haven't done profiling in ages" you muttered rubbing your head alittle.

Thats when he approached you. Looking down at you before looking you over. Like he was trying to see into your deepest secrets. Or all the dark little things wriggling at the edges of your mind.

"This case is personal for you" he says slowly "which is exactly why i need you, no one knows what motivates these killers like you do"

"Thats the thing...it isnt the same ones as before" you sighed walking over.

"And what makes you think that?" He asks as he raised a brow before walking besides you.

"Look at these reports, all ghostfaces have their 'thing' they dont change up. They like getting the credit, and they usually work together" you find youself explaining.