Dinner with Peas-I mean, Inner Peace

Po eventually took his dinner to the Sacred Hall of Warriors and laid down on his bed to snack and stare at the ceiling. He felt a wave of knots and a hard strain settle in his stomach and he scarfed more food down to try and make it go away.

They can't leave! he thought to himself. I can't do this by myself! Okay, I'm a great dragon teacher! But these are my friends! These are the protectors of the valley of peace! What on earth would I do if they left?!

Po kept thinking the matter over before eventually finishing his food. His stomach still hurt though, so he decided to get up and have another snack. As he left the room though, he almost ran into Mrs. Jun who was packing up to go home.

"Oh, good evening Master Po," she greeted in surprise. "I hope I didn't disturb you!"

"Nah, your good. I just...I've had a long day."

"Did the meeting go terribly?"

"No, not at all. I just....the five are thinking of leaving to help other masters, and...well...." He sighed. "I don't know," he grumbled.

"It sounds like a wonderful idea!" Mrs. Jun remarked. She then noticed Po's face and smile sadly at him before walking over to pat his arm. "And a massive change. Especially for you. You seem like such close friends."

"We are. And they're the greatest masters the valley's ever known! They can't just leave me here!"

Mrs. Jun eyed him. "We're they here before or after you came to train?" she questioned.

"Before. And I know I've gotten a lot better...but I...it doesn't feel right being the sole master of the Jade Palace! You know?"

"I understand." Mrs. Jun patted Po's arm and added, "But do not fret, Master Po. Whatever decision they make will benefit somebody. Isn't that what being a warrior is about? Making sacrifices for others?"

Po sighed. "Yeah," he admitted. "It is. It's just...hard. I can't imagine anyone else here."

"Well you never know who you'll find. The best of people come from the most unlikely of places. Just like you. Just like your friends." Mrs. Jun packed up her stuff and dug through her bag before pulling out a box of cookies to give him. "I heard you got hungry a lot, so I figured I'd keep some on me," she explained, handing the box to Po before saying goodnight and heading out of the Hall of Heroes. Po waved her goodnight as well and looked down at the box before going back into his room. He immediately started stuffing the cookies into his mouth (they were almond) and laid down on his pillow. He then rolled over and pulled out the hair pin that Mrs. Jun had given him earlier and sighed before putting it back and going back to thinking.

By morning, Po was still scatter-brained about what to do about this new situation with the Five and decided to try and meditate by the peach tree and focus on the inner peace thing: trying to accept what was happening and being okay with it.

"Come on inner peace," he said to himself, sitting down by the base do the tree. "Do your thing." The Dragon Teacher took a few deep breaths in and out, focusing on his breath and on the smells of the fresh morning air, the blossoms, the sounds of villagers down below, the smells of fresh breakfast.......

Mmmm...I smell dumplings....Po noted. I should make those for breakfast. Or maybe dinner. If the five are up already. No! Focus! Inner peace. Inner peace. Inner peace. Dinner with peas. No. No dinner. Dumplings can wait. Ooh! Dumplings! Stuffed bean dumplings with seaweed, or bokchoy...maybe in a sesame soy glaze.....

Po eventually groaned and just leaned against the tree after trailing off for almost a half hour on possible dinner and breakfast plans. This wasn't working. Maybe if he couldn't get his brain to work, he could pick another brain who was actually focused. It would mean skipping breakfast, but Po was too invested to wait, and so he got up from the peach tree and made his way down the Jade Palace stairs and through the woods to Master Shifu. Usually the walk down there took about two hours, but because Po was in such a rush, he wound up speed walking there and got there within less than an hour and a half. Master Shifu, who was busy playing a game of solitaire with some mahjong tiles, jumped in surprise.