" Football was the thing I had that was mine, and you just had to come out here and show off," said Colby.

" No, Colby, it's not like that," said Sam. " I wanted to do this so that we could be on the same team, together. So we could bond."

" Don't act like you give a fuck about spending time with me," said Colby. " I already told you, we're not brothers. "

" Colby, lay off man," said Jake.

" You stay out of this Jake," said Colby. Colby looked over at Sam. " You just had to mess up my life at school too, didn't you. Doing it at home wasn't enough for you?"

" Colby, stop, just listen to me," said Sam.

"How about I show you what a real tackle looks like?" Colby said.

Colby then jumped on Sam and tackled him to the ground. Colby, of course, didn't follow the football rules and used a more aggressive tackle. One that surely would've been illegal in a game, but Sam didn't have to know that. He laughed as he had Sam on the ground, yelling in pain. Colby stood up and looked down at Sam, hissing and wincing on the ground. Sam screamed in pain as Colby laughed.

" Oh c'mon, get up, don't be such a pussy," said Colby. But Sam didn't get up. " Sam?"

Several of his teammates tried to help him stand, but he couldn't. Jake noticed the way his leg was facing.

" What the fuck, Colby!!?" asked Jake. " You didn't have to go and break his leg!!"

" What are you talking about?" laughed Colby. " I didn't..." Colby suddenly saw Sam's leg, it was twisted all the way around. " Oh shit."

" Somebody call an ambulance please!!!?" asked Jake.

" Sam, I'm sorry, I didn't mean.." started Colby.

" Oh save it," said Sam, as Jake and Corey helped him. " You made your point, we're not brothers and football is yours. Don't worry, I got it."

Colby backed away as the paramedics arrived and tended to Sam. Colby met his parents at the hospital and knew he was in for a very strict talk. His parents locked eyes with him when he arrived at the hospital. His mother hugged him tightly.

" Hi sweetie," said his mother.

" How is he?" asked Colby.

" He's gonna be just fine," said Colby's father. " He won't be playing sports for a while though."

" Look, I'm really sorry about what happened," said Colby. " I got carried away and I know I'm probably grounded."

His parents looked at each other confused. " What are you talking about sweetie?" asked his mother.

" Didn't Sam tell you what happened?" asked Colby.

" Yes," said their father. " He said that he fell off his skateboard on his way home from school."

" He did?" asked Colby.

" He didn't wanna interfere with your after school plans so he agreed to find another way home," said their mother.

" Really?" asked Colby. " He said that?"

" Yes," said their mother. " Why? Did something else happen?"

" No," said Colby. " Forget it. Can I go see him?"

" Of course," said their father.

Colby followed his parents down to Sam's hospital room and stepped in, locking eyes with Sam. He then turned to his parents.

" Can you give us a minute?" asked Colby.

" Sure sweetie," said their mother as she and their father stepped away.