SPOTLESS MIND| PROLOGUE

SAMIYAH KÀOIR MONROE
SIXTEEN YEARS OLD
HARLEM, NEW YORK

{ OCTOBER 18'th , 2022 }{ MCKINLEY HIGH SCHOOL }10:34 a

{ MCKINLEY HIGH SCHOOL }
10:34 a.m
-

IT'S CURRENTLY THE middle of second period for the mckinley high students and samiyah can say she's never been so ready to get out of a class. she doesn't know what was in the air , yet she just felt today was so different.

her mood was lifted more than usual , a smile rested beautifully on her face for no apparent reason , and her body just felt filled of electricity. like she was warming up to be pulled towards something, or someone.

she couldn't put a finger on it, she just knew today couldn't be an ordinary day. now normally that just meant a fight was bound to happen, but it didn't feel like that. if felt more deep, more sincere, more calm.

typing up the last of her assignment for her chemistry class, she closed her laptop and put it underneath her desk along with her notebook , binder , and pencil case. she stood from her desk and walked towards her teachers- mr.cole.

"mr.cole , may i use the bathroom?" she asked softly, and barely audible, but over the semester mr.cole came to realize that it was what was natural for the young girl. she can get loud , she genuinely just chooses not to and he as not only a teacher but decent human being, respected that.

"of course samiyah, don't forget to take the pass." he reminded sending her a soft smile before he returned to his work and she nodded and walked around his desk to get the pass.

she grabs the pass and leaves the class to head to the bathroom. she places her steve madden bag on the sink and looks into the wide mirror above it as she adjusted her outfit.

she made that a routine of hers. before the end of each period , she checks her looks and sees what needs to fixed , knowing that sometimes how you left your home isn't always exactly how you'll return.

"probably just the coat." she mumbled to herself while looking at her lips. she noticed her lip combo was beginning to fade so she chose to fix it so she doesn't stay out of class for too long.

before starting it over she opens her purse to find her cookies pen. she shocks plenty of people whenever she chooses to hit her pen and people walk in , they always make that same face and it makes her laugh on the inside.

cause it's all comical to her. like yeah she's quiet but that doesn't mean purely innocent. she just doesn't have anything to say most of the time so why just talk about random or boring things when she can save her voice for when she's actually interested.