ch 3 (the fairy)

Ch 3

Diana felt a heavy ache in her chest as she saw the boy she had saved struggling for his life. It was truly awful to witness. Elijah was sweating profusely, his body burning with a high fever. In Diana's eyes, he looked so pitiful-thin, bruised, and malnourished. If only she could know what he was thinking in that moment, it would change the way she saw him immediately.

But alas the boy was too lucky and unlucky at the same time.

Who would expect she would meet the child at the country arlanta, on her way to obelia.
It was such a good coincidence that she happened to need to perform a dance there, she had thought that she would first gather information for her upcoming trip but she met a boy near in his death bed, If she was a little late elijah might..

Inside the carriage as they journey towards the streets, diana couldn't tear her eyes away from elijah, despite her heroic act of saving him from the clutches of slavery she felt guilty that the boy had met such a cruel fate and yet it was almost too late for her to save him.

No doubt the boy had lost it's hope that's what diana saw on elija eyes the moment it landed on her.

Even now Elijah was tightly holding onto her, he never let him go the moment elijah felt her body temperature. He refused to be separated from her even if the coachman try to take him away he refused to budge.

It was not least a bit hateful, for diana Elijah is too pitiful almost resembling a lost rabbit, who is trembling because he had almost become a prey for the magic beast to feast onto.

"How is he? "

The coachman asked.

"He had a very high fever."

"Then you should go take him to the physician, will you be able to manage? "

Diana nodded subtly, light pressing elijah forehead.

"Yes i will. "

"Certainly that boy would be a burden for you little lady, he had a familiar characteristics i wouldn't love to pry onto. "

Diana wasn't able to listen to what the coachman said, she had become too focused to Elijah gently squeezing her hand as if he is afraid of being abandoned.

But there was a certain distaste in his expression that diana can be able to easily discern, certainly he was in too much pain to even lift a hand or more so open his mouth.

Diana's heart raced as she arrived at the apartment just before the sun dipped below the horizon. With a sense of urgency, she swiftly made her way inside, the creaking door announcing her arrival.

Diana carefully cradled Elijah in her arms, his small body trembling with a fever that refused to relent. With gentle determination, she laid him on her own bed, surrounded by soft pillows and warm blankets.

Knowing time was of the essence, Diana wasted no time. She hurried to the kitchen, the familiar scent of herbs and spices filling the air. With practiced hands, she prepared a basin of steaming hot water, the vapors swirling in the dim light. The towel, soft and absorbent, awaited its purpose.

Returning to the bedside, Diana began her tender ministrations. She wrung the towel, allowing the excess water to drip back into the basin, and then gently placed it on Elijah's forehead. The warmth seeped into his fevered skin.

As she tended to Elijah, Diana's mind raced with worry and anticipation. Her thoughts intertwined with memories of past journeys, she would soon need to go to another foreign country, Diana was invited to an imperial banquet hosted by Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia a distant land far from siodonna, she would soon need to leave this boy, just by thinking about it made her heart filled with conscience.

Time seemed to stretch and Finally, the sound of approaching footsteps broke the stillness. The physician had arrived, she watched from the sidelines as the psychian gently treated Elijah with care.

Elijah didn't make a big fuss once he woke up with his small frail body one little move would cause him so much pain, he wasn't indeed unconscious but he is burning with fever.

His body refused to move in accordance with his will, yet he had the strength to look around his surroundings and sit up on the side of the bed, he noticed that the chaos and noise had long been gone and had been replaced with peace and tranquility.

Yeah, he had long for it to be this way.

Moreover he heard a sound in the kitchen and light footsteps approaching, he watched as a fairy entered the room with a hot basin, the lady seemed a bit shocked when he noticed elijah shamelessly sitting in the side of the bed as if a fever didn't almost take his life.

"Goodness, don't sit up yet you are still sick! "

With a sense of urgency, Diana placed the basin of hot water on the side table, its steam rising like wisps of hope. Her footsteps echoed through the room as she hurried toward Elijah, her heart heavy with concern. The boy remained still, his gaze fixed upon her with an unsettling emptiness. His blue eyes, like shards of frozen sky, held a captivating intensity that seemed to pierce through Diana's soul.

Without hesitation, Diana tucked Elijah into bed, covering him with a warm blanket. Surprisingly, he didn't resist her actions. She felt his little hands gently reaching up to touch her cheeks, as if seeking a connection.

Diana felt a mix of surprise and warmth as she experienced Elijah's delicate touch. It was a small gesture, but it revealed a silent understanding between them. Even though Elijah appeared distant, he had acknowledged her.

"You are safe now. "

Diana smiled gently at elijah, holding his small little hands who was still trembling from the trauma he just experienced.

In Diana eyes it is.

The boy just can't be bothered to talk right now, he was not least bit pitiful to dwindle on his past experiences and cry about it in the woman's arms,
that's what elijah view himself, he was just trembling because he was sick and hadn't recieved a proper nourishment for many days.

Her voice was so sweet,her touch was filled with warmth, unbefitting of the environment he was thrown into, and her gaze was filled with tenderness that elijah can stare for hours.

Diana saw that the boy responded by gently squeezing her hands, elijah was not in the state to invite her for a conversation, yet even if he does he prefer actions more than words considering he is not the type to speak a lot and all that come out from his mouth is poisonous banters.

"Are you hungry, do you want to eat? "

Damn right it is.

Diana saw bunny ears perked up once the boy heard her words, she chuckled and immediately stood up to head for the kitchen.

(Fuck I'm jealous. )