10

12:17 AM

Jake sighed. 'It's already past midnight. I can't wait anymore. Maybe everyone in sleeping now. I should eat.' Jake thought and went to the kitchen.

He tiptoed to the kitchen and switched on the light. He looked in the fridge but there was nothing he could eat without cooking.

The problem is that Jake doesn't know how to cook. He started looking in the cabinets but found nothing he could use. Tears filled his eyes, he was REALLY hungry.

Luckily he found some bread in a cabinet. He thought he'll maybe just eat bread and jam. He started looking for the jam but couldn't find it in the compartments. Then Jake realised that jam should be in the fridge.

He opened the fridge and found some jam! He was really happy and immediately jumped in happiness but that was a big mistake.The bottle slipped from his hand. It shattered and made a loud noise.

'Oh no..what will I eat now?..' Jake thought.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Sunghoon shouted making Jake flinch.

Heeseung also came quickly. "What was that sound?" Hee said and looked at the floor making his blood boil. "DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO TOUCH THINGS?" Heeseung also yelled.

"Sorry-I..I was hungry..-" Jake stuttered.

"SO YOU BROKE THE BOTTLE!?" Heeseung kept yelling.

"No..I-It just.. slipped from my hand" Jake said while looking down.

"I can't believe my mother chose you to marry me" Heeseung said in disbelief.

"Clean this mess right now." Sunghoon ordered.

"Huh?" Jake was confused.

"I said clean the floor.The maid will not come here at 1 am!" Sunghoon raised his voice.

Jake nodded and quickly grabbed a cloth. Both (step)brothers went back to their rooms. As soon as they left Jake fell on his knees crying.

"I am hungry.." Jake said and looked at the bread. An idea popped into his mind.

He took a pan and put it on the stove. He switched on the stove and layered some butter on the bread and put it in the pan.

But after sometime it started burning. Jake didn't know how to flip it so he tried to flip it with his hand but his hand touched the hot pan. He screamed as his hand burned.

He started to blow on it but then suddenly someone held his hand gently and put it under tap water.

Jake looked at him but didn't know his name.

"You should be careful." Jay said calmly.

Heeseung and Sunghoon also come quickly in the kitchen to see Jake crying and Jay holding his hand under the tap water to ease the pain. Heeseung turned the stove off and just stood there.

"God.. Don't you how to do anything?" Sunghoon sighed, not wanting to deal with this.

"I don't know how to cook.." Jake said in tiny. Heeseung and Sunghoon went back to their rooms because they'll never help eachother or the same person.

"Are you hungry?" Jay asked making Jake nod. "I will cook something for you then" Jay continued making Jake smile.

After 10 mins,Jay served him a bowl of Japchae.

"Thank you so much!!" Jake beamed.

"Tch. I only did this because my mom is coming tomorrow and if she'll see you like this, I will get scolded." Jay said but Jake did not mind.

"And don't spill it, I will not make it twice." Jay said making Jake nod.

___________________________

So how was that? :D

Sorry I didn't update the whole week. It's because I shifted to Korea and my new university has started the exams two days after I transferred.

I only have four exams left now!!

Take care!💖💖