0

A temple, mountains surround it, no light seems to sleep through the dense fog, groans of what sound like humans in agony are muted by the thick rocks and stone.

3 adventures, all well respected, arrive at the temple, they are looking for a magical artifact that could alter the course of history if they get their hands on it.

With torches in hand they walk along the thin pathway towards the corroded temple, the closer they get the louder the sounds of wailing and groaning seems to get.

They get to the front, a large stone door awaits them, they try to open it but have no luck, one of them points out a small part of the wall that's broken just enough for them to fit in.

They walk through the hole, as they get in the main room a strange greenish blue glow comes from the middle, a large great sword, larger then some of the buildings in their village awaits them.

Alas that is not all.

A squelch comes from besides them, one looks down to see a bloody, deformed human corpse holding their ankle, and moaning out what seems to be "it comes, the beast".

They adventures start to freak out, their minds playing tricks on them, blood seems to seep through the walls and floor, bodies upon bodies litter the walls in piles many feet high.

They try to run only to see the fog has thickened where they entered, making it seemingly impossible to exit as if a magical force was making it a solid object.

They all turn towards the sword, as it's glow had gotten brighter, they run towards it thinking the light will help them.....

They get in a back to back circle, as to keep an eye out, one of them starts to hear whispers.. "It's coming" "he's here!"

They hear a thud, they turn, looking towards the main alter of the temple, all that they can see is what seems to be a large gray, deformed hand, with blisters on it....

We zoom back to the outside of the temple, just as the fog clears....to see the torches of the fallen adventures float out on what seems to be dark black blood.

A loud screaming was heard, then silence.

And thus the temple was silent yet again, waiting, listening.....

Bleeding.