𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

Beginne am Anfang

The three Spider-Heroes find themselves on the bus, heading back from Alchemax. Widow, Gwen, and Peter each occupied their respective seats. Widow sat on the left side, Gwen on the right, and Peter in the row behind Gwen. Gwen and Peter engaged in conversation for a while, with Gwen carefully examining the damaged override key.

In stark contrast, Widow remained exceptionally quiet. She gazed out of the window, lost in her thoughts, while the soothing melodies of "TO MY CRUSH<3" by Senpaix played through her built-in headphones in her hood. It was one of Widow's top 5 favorite songs.

Gwen and Peter glanced at Widow, then exchanged looks between themselves.

"Wanna try talking to her?" Peter suggested to Gwen, his curiosity piqued.

Gwen hesitated, taking another fleeting glance at Widow, recalling their previous encounter at school.

"I don't know, Pete. She might panic again," Gwen responded, her voice tinged with concern. "I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable."

Peter furrowed his brow at Gwen's mention of Widow possibly panicking again. "What do you mean by that?" he asked, seeking clarification.

"When we bumped into each other back at school, she looked at me, and... she started shaking, like she was about to cry," Gwen explained, her empathy for Widow evident. "I tried to ask what was wrong, but she just ran away."

Peter took a moment to absorb Gwen's explanation, his gaze shifting between Widow and Gwen.

"That's understandable," he acknowledged, considering how to approach the situation.

Gwen, however, appeared hesitant. "I mean, I could try, but I don't think it'll turn out well," she admitted, her gaze locked on Peter.

"Well, it's your choice, not mine," Peter pointed out, yawning as the fatigue from their earlier battles began to set in.

"All that fighting has made me tired," he noted with another yawn, reclining in his seat. "I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when we reach our destination or if there's any trouble," he instructed before closing his eyes, surrendering to the weariness of their adventurous day.

Gwen took a moment to gather her courage and made the decision to try talking to Widow. She moved over to the vacant seat beside Widow, her curiosity piqued by something she noticed.

Gwen's attention was drawn to Widow's phone wallpaper. It displayed a picture of Widow and her Gwen, both dressed in ghost face costumes, having an enjoyable time. A faint smile graced Gwen's lips as she gazed at the photo.

Turning her focus back to Widow, Gwen softly began, "Hey, Widow." However, Widow didn't react or acknowledge her presence, and her absence of response puzzled Gwen. She furrowed her eyebrows, growing concerned.

Soon, Gwen came to realize that Widow was in a trance. She waved her hand in front of Widow's face, yet still, there was no reaction.

"Widow?" Gwen called out, her worry deepening. She nudged Widow's shoulder gently, and fortunately, this action managed to snap Widow out of her reverie.

Widow's eyes met Gwen's, and her nervousness became evident through the rapid bouncing of her leg. She couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions as she sat next to someone who, in her world, represented her lost best friend and confidante.

Gwen Stacy had been everything to Widow - her light, her world, her other half. Her demise was a profound loss, and now, here she was, sitting beside Widow in this parallel dimension.

"Hi..." Widow mumbled softly to Gwen, her gaze lowering as she fidgeted with her heart-shaped necklace, a physical reminder of her memories with her friend.