The twins hadn't spoken in a week. Hadn't exchanged a single word or a single glance since their argument at the gala; since he wronged Keeley and refused to take accountability for it, and since Ada told him of her own hurt and he refused to acknowledge it.

   Their obvious distance made training a little tense, considering the fact that Ada had been present for many sessions since Richmond's loss two Saturdays ago. Ted had been adamant that they would have won had she attended the game, and Ada Tartt was never more determined to make it up to him.

   Make up for her obvious wrong.

   She couldn't even blame Rebecca, really. The woman's intentions were pure when she had advised against attending. She had wanted the best for Ada. But maybe this was the best; doing her job and committing to her photoshoots, and then helping Ted and Beard with training whenever possible.

   Even if her brother made the whole thing unbearable.

    Ted watched as the girl beside him shifted from foot to foot in anticipation, like she was praying that Jamie Tartt would prove himself a team player for once. That he would prove himself capable of change. Worthy of the opportunities and rewards given to him.

   (I used to pass the ball, she thought to herself. Not as much as I should have, but I still passed. Why does he get to play and I don't?

  The guilt for thinking such a thing hit her almost immediately. She wouldn't wish her loss on anyone.)

   Ada watched as Jamie kicked to score, and followed the hurtling ball with her eyes. Watched as it zipped over heads and headed towards the net – only for two hands to reach out and grab it.

   When did Ted leave her side?

    She looked to her left to make sure he didn't have a clone walking around (her mind admittedly drifted to that little boy who got Ted's nose blood on his football) and then looked to Beard.

   The man shrugged.

   "What are you doing?" Jamie whined. "That was going in."

   Ted smiled tightly, the ball now snug between his elbow and armpit. "Well, we'll never know. Jamie, how many times I gotta tell you to make the extra pass? Come on, Sam was more open than the jar of peanut butter on my kitchen counter!"

   A wave of confused murmurs washed over the pitch, the players having no idea what their coach was referring to.

   "Oh, that's right, y'all don't know I like to keep the peanut butter open. That way, whenever I walk by, I can just stick my finger in there." He pretended to scoop a dollop with his finger.

   Ada was also confused, but for a different reason entirely. She took a few steps forward so that Ted would be able to hear her. "I got you that funny spoon shaped like a peanut. Have you not been using it?"

    The man turned to her rather sheepishly. "Sorry. It's quicker my way."

    "It's a fucking good idea, to be fair." Roy Kent shrugged from his new position behind Jamie.

    "No." Ada shook her head. "Dirty hands. Bacteria. It's all very unsanitary."

   The captain went to snap at her and offer a sharp rebuttal, but paused when he realised that she had spoken in an even tone. A relatively pleasant one, one could say. There was no condescension. No double meaning.

   She was simply offering her opinion on his opinion.

    They hadn't talked since the gala. Not really, at least. She would offer him the rare pointer during training. He would occasionally mumble good morning when they passed each other in the halls, Ada walking to Rebecca Welton's office and Roy headed for the locker room.