"Drinks to that," John grinned.

Tommy laughed slightly and puffed on a cigarette.

-

There was pounding on the door and Madeline looked at Polly who nodded, telling her to go see who it was.

As she opened the door, a brown haired man stood and pushed past Maddie, rushing into the room where Ada was. He paused.

"It's a boy, Freddie." Ada said softly. He placed his hands over his mouth, sitting in front of Ada. "It's a beautiful baby boy," he whispered, accepting the small child off Ada.

Freddie stared in shock as he held the baby in his arms. Madeline watched from the door and jumped when another bang sounded through the house.

"Open up, Police."

Ada sat forward, "Freddie," she said quickly. Madeline went to the door once more. "You can't come in here there's a baby just been born!" She shouted as they forcefully shoved her aside.

She watched as they dragged Freddie out into the hall, pushing him up against the wall.

"Stop you're hurting him!" Ada shouted. "You can't take me away from my baby! Ada!" Freddie shouted loudly as he was dragged from the house.

-

John and Arthur sat singing together, their heads turning when Polly swung the Garrison door open, Maddie close behind her. Tommy looked over.

"It's a boy." Tommys smile faded as Polly ran over to him.

"Polly, Pol!" John said, him and Arthur following after her and grabbing her arms. "But the police came and took his father away, don't you dare looked at me like that! You liar!"

Shock was displayed all over Tommy's face. John watched his aunt walk away and his eyes landed on Madeline who stood sheepishly by the door.

Arthur cleared his throat. "Er..come on love. Come av a drink," he said, waving her over. She walked to him, accepting the glass of whiskey he'd offered her.

Maddie didn't drink whiskey.

John attempted to avoid her eyes, keeping his head down and his hands inside his pockets.

She lifted the glass to her lips, taking a big sip of the drink and wincing as the amber liquid travelled down her throat.

"That's rancid," she coughed, covering her mouth and shoving the glass into Arthur's hand. He laughed and pushed John's shoulder.

John looked up, his eyes searching her face once more.

"Come on, John boy. Sit down with ya new wife." Arthur teased. "Shut up Artha," John shook his head, looking at Maddie again. She looked away quickly and Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Wouldn't think youse just got married," He said. John pursed his lips into a straight line and Maddie sat down in the booth, crossing her legs.

Arthur nodded toward her and John slowly sat beside her.

"What happened with your sisters husband?" Madeline asked. John looked down at her, taking a deep breath. "He fought in the war with Tom, they fell out over something. Then we all found out him an our Ada were shagging an she were pregnant, they got married. Tom and Freddie made up and here we are," John said.