You bit your lip and snapped her hand away.

"You can't!! Even with the power of the three of us combined, we can't beat Muzan!"

Mitsuri was in a total shock as she heard the name you mentioned and she moved back slowly.

"M-Muzan? He kidnapped you? Why?"

"To find out about some flower or something, I guess. But it's no longer important. And I don't want to put you in danger so you have to leave. Now."

Just then you heard the fireworks start and you knew Muzan would be coming soon. You just hope you can get Mitsuri out of here before he comes. Mitsuri looked down and processed this shocking information she just received. She couldn't believe that you've been involved with the Demon King.

"Then... Then why are you here? If you were kidnapped, why would Muzan let you roam around? Why should I believe your story when you seem okay? I don't believe it."

You sighed.

"He did torture me in the beginning, okay? But he's changed now. He's not the terrifying demon I thought he was anymore. He treats me better. Like a friend."

Mitsuri's jaw opened and she slapped your cheek which took you by surprise.

"Are you insane, Y/N?! You must've been tricked by him! There's no way he would be so kind to you! There's no way someone like him can act like a friend!!"

You tried your best to reason with Mitsuri.

"I know he could just be putting a kind front to me but I feel that he's changed. You just don't know it, Mitsuri. Everything's different now."

"And what? So now you're going to think of him as a friend and side with him?!"

"I never said th-"

"I can't believe you, Y/N! After all this and now you're saying Muzan is some kind-hearted guy?! So you wouldn't want to fight against him?!"

"Mitsuri, I'm not saying all these things, alright! I'm just trying to tell you that he doesn't treat me the way you think so I'm fine! That's why you don't have to worry about me and leave!"

"So is he more important than I am, Y/N? That you don't want to come back to us?!"

"Mitsuri? Who are you screaming at?"

You and Mitsuri quickly looked at the Serpent Hashira who held two candied apples in his hand. He widened his eyes when he saw your face. 

"Y/N?! You're here, too?"

He beamed and turned to Mitsuri.

"That's great, isn't it, Mitsuri? 

When Obanai saw the tears streaming down Mitsuri's face, he scoffed slightly.

"Mitsuri, I know you're touched by the reunion with your best friend but you better wipe those tears away."

"It's not that..."

"Hm?"

Mitsuri lifted her head and pointed to you. 

"She... She's siding with Muzan now, Iguro-san!"

You opened your mouth in shock and tried to explain. You knew Mitsuri was probably in a state of shock at the moment that she couldn't understand your explanation earlier. But you didn't want to know what would happen if news like this reached headquarters. 

"No, no! You're wrong! I never said that, Mitsuri! I would never betray you guys!"

Obanai looked at you with a stern face.

"Did you just say Mitsuri was wrong?"

You didn't know what to say. 

"Please, Obanai. Just listen to me, please. I beg you. Hear me out."

Just as you tried to get your explanation out, suddenly the three of you felt a presence that you definitely wished didn't appear so soon. All of you turned to the man standing on your right while holding a box of the takoyaki you order and you knew it was over. 

"M-Muzan..."

Muzan turned his head to the two terrified Hashiras and smirked.

"This is going to be a fun night."

A/N: AHHH FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER AFTER LIKE 2 MONTHS?! ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THE INACTIVITY (╥﹏╥) I was suffering from writer's block for quite some time /╯﹏╰\ Also, I am very sorry that I haven't been opening Wattpad for a while so I couldn't reply to everyone's comments ಥ ೧ ಥ I hope to reply to the ones on this chapter, though! (♥→o←♥) Once again thank you all for supporting this book despite it getting on hold for a long time now & I hope I can write more often in the future!! ≧✯◡✯≦

P.S. Honestly, I'm not sure I can write more since my school's gonna start later on November but I'll try to upload one or two more before then~ (• ε •)

P.P.S. I think that Mitsuri might have been a lil OOC in the chap...? /(*o*/) Well I'd like to hear your thoughts on this chapter so yeah comment away! ❛ᴗ❛

P.P.P.S. The drama in this chapter is honestly making me cry (。' ᵔ '。)