one- the podcast

Spencer

I had received an email from Josh Richards and Dave Portnoy about making an appearance on the BFF's TikTok podcast because of my ex boyfriend's current NFL performance and how the internet is now raving about our past relationship as if it wasn't there before.

They invited Livy Dunne, one of my best friends, as well to talk about the one picture she posted a while back with Bengals star, Joe Burrow.

I accepted the offer with a grain of salt. I had it in the back of my mind not to stir the pot more than it already was because their clips tend to go viral. But if they were going to ask about the truth, there wasn't any harm in that right?

At least that was what I thought.

I arrived and was nervous as hell. All I needed to do was try and keep my cool to not show how upsetting the break up actually was for me. Nick and I's relationship was as real as anything could get. We matured together and that's what made our relationship so pure. I loved him more than anything and really believed he was the one. Everyone at Ohio State was rooting for us too.

Livy and I flew in together since we both were in Florida. She was on break and I was home visiting some friends, we met up in Ft. Lauderdale and took a plane from there.
—————-—————-—————-—————-—————-
"Good morning ladies, thank you so much for coming."

"Thank you so much for having us," I tell Dave.

"My goodness, you guys are so much prettier in person." Josh says and just laughs.

Livy and I both look at each other, laugh, and then say thank you.

"So Spencer, are you comfortable talking about your relationship with Nick Bosa or?" Dave asks me.

Getting right to it huh. I knew this was how it was going to be, why did I tell myself this was a good idea. Oh right! I didn't.

"Yeah. I mean a lot of the information is public knowledge for the most part. But yes to answer the question, I am okay with talking about it." I tell him and Josh.

I can feel that Liv is glaring at me and I know deep down she is praying I don't start crying on this floor like a little baby again like I have before.

"So you and Nick are from the same hometown and went to the same high school but didn't know each other at the time? That's crazy." One of them asks me.

"Yeah, very crazy actually." I laugh. "I had a very conflicting and complicated childhood. I was born in Fort Lauderdale then my parents had moved to The Keys when I was just a baby. Uhm. Long story short, my parents passed away in a car accident when I was very young. I am an only child so I was sent to live with my grandmother back in Fort Lauderdale. I lived with her until my Junior year of high school and then was adopted by her childhood friend's daughter, who has three sons, once she passed away." I told them.

"Spencer, I'm so sorry to hear that." Josh tells me.

"I think those events in my life seemed to be so unfair to me at the time but they have shaped me as a person, made me such a strong woman in that aspect, you know." I smiled back.

"Oh for sure." Dave says.

Nobody knows that I am Christian McCaffrey's adopted sister except for Livy, a couple of my other friends from Ohio State, and Nick and Joey. I rarely talk about it but that's because nobody brings up the suspicion. It's just never came up and that's why I choose to not talk about it.