"I look ridiculous."

"You look beautiful," Esme stood at the door, watching in awe. "You look really beautiful,"

"Thank you Esme but I look like someone has put lipstick on a pig," She sighed, touching the dress that sat on her body. Esme scoffed, "don't say such a thing."

Madeline looked at her through the mirror and before she could say anything, Esme grabbed her arm. "Let's go, ya husband awaits you." she chuckled, pulling her out of the wagon.

John Shelby walked with his brothers up the small slope.

"Ready boys? John, ready?" Tommy questions. "Yeah, fine." John nodded, his dark green peaky cap tilted to the left ever so slightly.

"Av a drink," Arthur shoved the flask into his hands. The other peaky men stared at him. "What? What you all staring at me for? What?" He grew angry.

"Let's go," Tommy interrupted, leading them all back up toward the camp. "What?" John hissed at one of the Peaky boys who remained looking at him.

"Tommy, what you playing at? We're in shot gun range," John whispered. They all came to a halt once more. "John, before you go into battle, there's something you're gonna need."

Each of them pulled out a small white flower and Tommy placed it into Johns front pocket.

"What you bloody doing, Tommy?"

Tommy grabbed his face. "Smile, John, it's a wedding." John frowned, "who's bloody wedding?" He asked.

"Now if I'd told you, you wouldn't of come. There's a girl in the Lee family who's gone a bit wild, she needs marrying-"

John scoffed, aggressively pushing Tommy away. Arthur grabbed him. "Fuck off," he fought against his brothers. "John!" Tommy shouted. "Listen to me, a girl who needs a husband, a man who needs a wife."

"Tommy, i'm not bloody marrying some fucking mushroom picker," John said, his voice shaking. Tommy hushed him. "Listen, i've already betrothed ya, so if you back out now, there's gonna be one fucking mighty war breaking out that'll make the Somme look like a fucking tea party. But if you marry her, our family and the Lee family will be united forever."

John breathed heavily.

"And this war will be over. Now it's up to you, John. War or peace?"

John ripped his arm away from Arthur and walked off toward the camp. Arthur chuckled lightly and took Johns hat off his head.

They walked together and John threw the toothpick from his mouth, onto the floor.

They approached the wagon that Johnny stood outside of, a dark haired woman beside him.

"Right, you should see the size of her dowry," Arthur held his shoulder. "Her what?" John frowned.

"Her uncle is giving you a car," Tommy informed him. John grinned and they stopped in front of Esmerelda and Johnny. Tommy cleared his throat. "Will he do?"

Esmerelda looked him up and down before a light smile appeared on her mouth, "he'll do," she smiled.

They all clapped and walked off toward where the wedding would be held.