Growing Pains

*eee! Eee! Eee!* novas alarm clock goes off and she jolts out of her sleep in the pitch black, her eyes are restricted due to the eye mask sienna gave her last year for Christmas. She usually doesn't wear it but last night she was feeling especially annoyed so the sunlight from the morning waking her up early wouldn't help.

Nova takes off the eye mask and groans at the time. "Let's be honest no one wants to get up and go to work after a heavy break up. Just give me my box of tissues, fuzzy socks in a robe and throw on scandal. I'm no use to anyone in this condition."

It was the last few days of her PTO and Nova wasn't feeling it. She had no urge to go back to the lifeless job that didn't fulfill her. Nova had felt that there was nothing else left here in Nashville that she could get up and feel proud to do. She felt stuck. Nova made a rash decision and quickly sat up grabbed her MacBook off the side table, cracked it opened. Once she had safari up she typed in [ VACATION SPOTS TO FLY TO ] it was a little erratic and thoughtless, literally. But what did I have to loose? Chris was long gone, that last text he sent her " nova you're an amazing woman, but we broke up and we aren't each others priority anymore" those words hit her like a max truck. She shook her head and the tears away and got back to business. Good riddance; he's played games with her heart for years while she willingly loved that fool! "He won't ever find someone like me again! And he's knows that! Watch him try and spin the block in a year. *cue eye roll*

You know what?! Nova said outloud, I wanna go somewhere with a beach, nothing but sun with my ass out and bottomless Mai tai's for breakfast lunch and dinner. "sounding reallll alcoholic-ish there nova " she said to herself. But again WHO CARES? For once nova just wanted peace, she wanted what she wanted ! She just wanted to finally be rid of her fight or flight response for once in her life. Her childhood was to thank for that life long skill she had cultivated. She's been fighting her whole life and even when she was working a corporate job as a digital marketer making over 80k a year she still wasn't fulfilled. She still wasn't happy, She was still running.

Suddenly a picture shows up with a man holding a huge swordfish he had just caught. The waters were crystal clear, and you could see the fish swimming around his feet. Beautiful multicolored bungalows lining the beach with white sand and beautiful tanned people all different shades. Nova stopped in her tracks and scrolled to the end of the page. She was convinced. However she didn't even look at the name of the place before she was bewitched by how gorgeous this place was. Nova scrolled back to the top and it read "Bendición, ven a Puerto Rico. Donde las aventuras nunca terminan!" (Blessings, come to Puerto Rico, where the adventures never end)

This was it! It was perfect and suddenly the sadness from the last few weeks seemed a little more distant. Luckily ! Siennas family was from Puerto Rico so she can point me in the right direction while I'm there. We can discuss it over dinner for girls night tonight. Nova was going to opt out like the last 3 times and blame it on the break up woes. However, tonight she figured the girls would be banging her door down and drag her by her ankles to club 51 for a good time and drunk night. No, This time she decided she'd get dolled up and go voluntarily.

6PM -

Got damn it ! Why don't I have anything that fits? *probably because you've been eating Hawaiian buns with icing and tequila for the last three weeks girl Whatchu thought-* her inner voice popped off. She did that often. "Okay okay!" Nova said, there's got to be something I can wear that's comfy and doesn't cut off the circulation to my pum pum! Eventually she opted for her black body contour bodysuit with the back out with the plunge neckline and the flare bottoms to show off those triple Ds she always complained about having. They only come in handy when I wear these outfits or want a drink for me and my girls and don't want to pay at the bar. Do a little shimmy and these things are like a genie in a bottle. She pulled out her old trusty dusty balenciagas and they fit like a glove. She shook off the old memory of the last time she wore them to the dinner with Chris. *FUCK HIM!* there's that inner voice again. She grabbed her medium sized telfare bag and a long black pea coat and darted out the door before her Uber pulled off on her.