23

The November fog enveloped Monte-Carlo, but the atmosphere inside the gym was warm and lively. With only a few weeks until the race in Abu Dhabi, Charles had doubled his training intensity. He was determined to end the season on a high note, despite the challenges he had faced. Pierre, who had been coming by frequently to train in recent weeks since he finally lived in Monaco, joined him that morning for a shared workout session. The building's fitness room was equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, but the real motivation came from their shared drive to bring out their best. 

As the men lifted weights and challenged each other, Jolie did some light cardio on the treadmill. She observed them through the fitness room's mirrored walls. A smile graced her lips as she decided to capture this moment, pulling out her phone. Zooming in on Charles and Pierre, who were deeply engaged in a discussion as they prepared for the next set, she typed:

 Zooming in on Charles and Pierre, who were deeply engaged in a discussion as they prepared for the next set, she typed:

>>Inspector Pierre overseeing Charles's training. Who thinks he's ready for Abu Dhabi? 🏎💨<<

and tagged them both. Before posting the story, she added a GIF of a race car zooming across the screen and a countdown to the race. Shortly after she uploaded the story, numerous hearts, thumbs-ups, and encouraging messages poured in. Fans loved getting this behind-the-scenes glimpse into Charles's life and preparations for the big race. 

After they finished their workout, the trio relaxed in the apartment's lounge. Pierre joked about how many messages he received because of Jolie's Instagram story, and Charles smiled appreciatively. "It feels sooo good to be training normally again, you have no idea," he reflected. "The championship might be gone, and Max has it, but at least I can finish the season with dignity. That's a huge boost for my ego." Charles laughed, and Pierre joined in.

Jolie placed her hand on his. "No matter what happens, I'm so proud of you."Pierre nodded in agreement. "Let's rock this thing in Abu Dhabi!"The mood was optimistic and filled with anticipation as November neared its end and the last race of the season was just around the corner. 

As they relaxed in the lounge, Pierre scooted closer to Charles and said with a mischievous grin: "Ready for the latest paddock gossip, Leclerc?"Charles laughed. "Sure, spill it. What did I miss?""Well...", began Pierre, rubbing his hands together, "it seems there's a new romance in the paddock. A certain driver and the PR manager of a rival team have been spotted together more than once. And no, I won't say who it is. Not yet."Jolie's eyebrows shot up, as curious as Charles. "No way! Who could it be?"Pierre hesitated dramatically before leaning closer to Charles and whispering in his ear. Charles's eyes widened in surprise. "No! Seriously?""Yes, seriously! And that's not all," Pierre continued, "apparently, there's also some tension between two of the team principals. It's about contract negotiations, and supposedly one of the drivers is threatening to leave the team."Charles shook his head, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. "The paddock really is like high school, isn't it?""Exactly!" Pierre laughed. "And you know what's the best part? In Abu Dhabi, it's going to get even more intense. All eyes will be on you, but the real fun is happening behind the scenes."Jolie joined in the laughter. "You two are worse than teenagers with your gossip. But I have to admit, it's pretty entertaining."