YR 5 ☆•°~'* 22

En başından başla

'I've got a broom!' said Ginny.

'Yeah, but you're not coming,' said Ron angrily.

'Excuse me, but I care what happens to Sirius as much as you do!' said Ginny.

'You're too young,' said Ron heatedly.

'I think we're all too young to be bursting into the Ministry to save Sirius from Voldemort,' said Y/N. 

'Are you saying we're supposed to leave Sirius to die there?' said Harry angrily.

Y/N stared at him for a moment, and Harry's anger deflated under his gaze. 

'No,' said Y/N simply. 'I never said that. Merely stating the irony that a bunch of teenagers have to take these matters into their own hands because the adults are incompetent. And before you say I can't come with you,' he added, 'I have as much involvement in this situation as you do, Harry. It's my uncle we're talking about.'

'Fine,' muttered Harry, then he rounded on Ginny. 'But not y-'

'I want to come with you!' she said fiercely.

'You're too-' Harry began, but Ginny cut across him heatedly.

'I'm three years older than you were when you fought Voldemort for the Philosopher's Stone!'

'We were all in the DA together,' said Neville quietly. 'It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real - or was that all just some game?'

'No - of course it wasn't-' said Harry impatiently.

'Then we should come too,' said Neville simply. 'We want to help.'

'That's right,' said Luna, smiling happily.

Harry met Y/N's eyes and the latter looked at him defiantly.

'Well, it doesn't matter, anyway,' said Harry frustratedly, 'because we still don't know how to get there-'

'I thought we'd settled that,' said Luna serenely. 'We're flying!'

❈🌠➵9¾♌ ⚯ 🗲━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

Y/N gripped the mane of the Thestral as its wings rose. The horse crouched slowly, then rocketed upwards so fast and so steeply that Y/N almost slipped off. He wrapped his arms around the neck of the horse and looked around at the others. Ron, Hermione and Ginny all looked terrified - it must've been very odd to fly on an invisible creature.

They were over the Hogwarts grounds, they had passed Hogsmeade; Y/N could see the mountains below him. 

They flew for what felt like hours - or perhaps it was hours; Y/N didn't want to check his watch lest he fall off the skeletal horse, so he kept a tight grip on it. But it was very dark and the stars were twinkling above.

Suddenly, the Thestral began descending. Y/N could see bright lights growing larger; they could see the tops of buildings, streams of headlights and squares of pale yellow that were windows.

The Thestral landed very lightly on the pavement in the heart of London. Y/N slid off its back, his arms and legs sore from the tight grip he kept on the creature. He patted the head of the horse gratefully and it closed its white eyes.

'Never again,' said Ron behind Y/N, as his Thestral landed. 'Never, ever again... that was the worst-'

The rest of them touched down and slid off their mounts, all looking windswept and wearing expressions of relief; except Luna, who dismounted smoothly onto the ground.