Chapter 11- Lumidouce

Start from the beginning

2000 YEARS LATER..

"That's the whole story, Freminet" Lynette finished up while Freminet was nodding along. By the time she was done telling the whole story in vivid detail, Lyney was snoring on the couch, arm over his eyes, and Y/n was spinning his hat on the tip of her finger.

"You done?" Lyney mumbled as he moved his arm a little away from his eyes so he could look at Lynette.

"Yes" She said blankly, sitting down and pulling out a teacup from a card. Lyney got up and stretched his arms a little, and Y/n threw his hat back at him.

Y/n got up, slightly rubbing her head, "I'll go back now.. My mom's probably worried.."

"Walk you back, shall I?" Lyney said as he put his hat back on properly. He got up and yawned a little.

"No need, it's just a few minutes away. And it's a pain to get out, if I'm being honest" Y/n shook her head.

"Awh, c'mon! I insist!"

"I said there's no need-"

"Pleaaaaasee... my legs can't take this no more.."
"Do I seriously need you to drag you along even though you're the one who practically begged to walk me home?"
"I'm not being dragged along..! I'm here because I want to be!"
"Dude, I'm literally dragging you by the ankle."

Y/n was walking, holding a straight face, and behind her on the ground, was Lyney, who was being dragged by the ankle.

Going down ladders ain't that bad though.

"How much longer...??"

"We're here. Just around the corner-"

With that, Lyney immediately stood up, dusted his clothes and fixed his hat and ribbon.

He cleared his throat, and walked right around the corner to greet Y/n's family, with the most charming smile known to man.

But as soon as he laid eyes upon the only figure sitting there, he felt surprised. 

A pale, frail woman was sitting there, on a comfortable looking chair and was covered with a clean and new-looking blanket. 

Her half-lidded eyes were just staring into the flowing water, and despite the obvious blue color, her eyes seemed colorless.

"Good evening, ma'am-"
"I'm back, mom."

The lady's eyes immediately lit up and sparkled when the voice that belonged to Y/n reached her ears, she looked over to her daughter and smiled lovingly, "Welcome back, dear.."

Y/n also smiled and walked over to her mom, adjusting the blanket onto her shoulder, before planting a light kiss on her temples.

"Mom, this is-"

Before Y/n could introduce Lyney, he had already taken his hat off and bowed in a greeting manner, "Good afternoon, madame. My name is Lyney, it's an honor to finally meet you"

The lady looked at him, blinked once, blinked twice, before eventually letting out a chuckle, "Are you the young man who is teaching my beloved daughter magic?"

"That is me" Lyney nodded, gently smiling, as he stood straight and placed his hat onto his head again.

Lyney crouched down on one knee, in front of Y/n's mother, and showed her a Lumidouce Bell, "Here, I have a flower for you- oops!"

The Lumidouce fell out of Lyney's hand, and when Lyney got hold of it again, it simply... disappeared.

"Oh no..." He said in a bit of an upset tone, then he looked back at Y/n, who was standing next to him, "I wonder where it went.."

Y/n smiled, as her mom, on the other hand, looked confused. Y/n pointed at something in her mom's hair, "Mom, there's something in your hair"

The frail woman put her hand to her hair, only to feel something soft and smooth brushing against her fingers. She took it out of her hair, and looked down at her hands to see a beautiful, violet flower sitting there.

Her lips curled up into a small smile, then she looked up at the two, to see both Lyney and Y/n smiling at her.