04. 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐞

Start from the beginning

The three friends and Shibuki all stepped through the transparent lasers, a chime filling their ears. Though when Sakura and Akari walked through, nothing was heard. No chime, no click, no automatic voice. Nothing.

With her brows furrowed together, Sakura stared at the laser which made Akari stop. Everyone else followed Akari's action, stopping and looking over at Sakura.

"What is it?" Shibuki questioned through the silence.

"It didn't chime." Sakura slowly muttered, raising her hand.

Normally if you checked into a game and stepped an inch past the barrier a laser would shoot down. But as Sakura's hand went through the barrier like nothing, everyone grew confused.

"Why can't you play?" Karube asked the woman.

Arisu took off, further into the arena and shortly came back. He was slightly out of breath and had a tiny hint of fear in his eyes. "There's only four headsets." He breathed out.

"What-What does that mean? Me and Sakura can't play with you guys?" Akari softly stammered.

"I guess not."

"It's fine. We'll find another game to play then. Me and Akari will meet you back here." Sakura plotted, earning head nods from everyone.

The duo walked off from the rest of their group, roaming the streets of Tokyo. Their journey thankfully wasn't as long as Sakura anticipated. They had found a very large school building brightly shining through the dark roads. But a very big school. It had at least 4 floors.

"This place is huge. I wonder what game it is." Akari voiced Sakura's thoughts.

"Well, let's go find out." Sakura tiredly sighed, not wanting to take part in another game.

Upon entering, Sakura could see the large double doors leading you into a huge gymnasium. In the middle sat a plain white table with phones. The two girls took one and the phone lit up with its facial recognition.

The gymnasium was crowded with about two dozen people, everyone seeming to have a friend with them. Everyone but one. Far from everyone sat a lone man with a blue button up and khaki pants. No one dared to go up to him, scared of his crazed gaze. The man turned his head, meeting Sakura's gaze. They held eye contact for a couple seconds before chiming filled her ears.

Registration is closed. The game will commence. Game, "Antidote." Difficulty, Seven of Hearts.

"Hearts? Does that mean—" Akari shakily spoke.

"No. Nothing is going to happen to us. I won't let anything get near us." Sakura shook her head, her voice full of determination.

The whole school is filled with a gas that is being breathed in by you all. Rule. Survive until the end. Clear condition. Survive until the end to receive the antidote.

"So all we have to do is wait for the timer to end and we'll live?" A man chuckles. "Sounds pretty easy to me."

"Are you okay?" A soft feminine voice questions. To the right of her was a man, shudders leaving his mouth.

"It said the antidote." He softly repeated, his voice barely audible to Sakura.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we all heard." Sakura scoffed from her place in the gym.

"Don't you get it?!" He shouted. "Antidote. Not antidotes. Only one person can live."

Violence is allowed. Weapons are hidden around the building.

The timer started and everyone fell silent. Only one person was surviving? Sakura slowly looked down, staring at Akari.

"We have to go. It's not safe here." Sakura whispered, taking small, slow steps towards the door.