"Chalo kam se kam tumne mana tou ke hamara koi taluq tha" Farjaad replied back as came out of his euphoria.

"Bas karein! Aap saabit kia karna chaahte hain?" He was really testing her patience and she could feel herself boiling.

"Saabit nahi kar raha. Bas yaad dila raha hun" His calm response only made her angrier.

"Koi zaroorat nahi hai kuch bhi karne ki! Now listen to me carefully!" She gritted her teeth, "Hamara koi taluq NAHI hai. Until this event is over, you will not do anything like this ever again-"

"And after that?" He asked, biting his lip

"After that you will leave from here!" She slammed her hand on the table.

"Aisa tumhe lagta hai" was his cool reply.

Their was no way he was leaving without having a proper conversation where she is ready to talk about everything.

Umeed ignored his retort and took a deep breath. "We are proffessionals and we will behave like one till the end of the event. Yeh bas majboori hai ke mujhe aap ke saath kaam karna parr raha hai warna mere bas mein hota tou mein aap ke aas paas bhi na hoti. Ab kuch bhi pehle jaisa nahi hai, Mr. Farjaad Kham Bahadur, aur na hi kabhi ho sakta hai! Aap mere KUCH NAHI lagte. Hamara koi taluq nahi hai, hamare beech kuch nahi hain. Hum mehez ajnabee hain aur...yehi hakeekat hai"

If she said this to hurt him, she was successful. Farjaad felt someone stabbed him right through his heart because it wasn't the words she was speaking, it was the conviction flaring in her eyes when she uttered those words, without looking away even once.

She really didn't care.

There was actually nothing left to salvage between them.

Taking another deep breath, she looked away not able to see the hurt in his eyes while he just stood there, his arms crossed against his chest, trying to hold himself together. He looked at her like he didn't even know who she was anymore. Shaking her head, she turned around, heading towards the door.

"You're right" his voice stopped her in her tracks, just as she opened the door.

"Pehle jaise kuch bhi nahi raha...tum bhi nahi"

Umeed let out a sad smile at his words, blinking back the mist that was forming in her eyes at his implication of how she had changed.

"Waqt, halaat aur log insaan ko badalne pe majboor kar dete hain"

She turned her head sideways to answer him and heard him scoff.

"Waade se mukarne ko badlao nahi, bewafai kehte hain"

Her heart stopped as she registered his words and closed her eyes, picking up at what he was reffering to as she heard him walk towards her slowly, coming to stand right beside her, his hand coming up to grip the door she was clinged to, practically caging her.

"You've forgotten it, I guess. But I haven't
Ek waada kiya tha tumne shayad"

He spoke near her ear, his words and voice sending goosebumps throughout her body. She opened her eyes once she heard him give a sadistic chuckle.

"Come on, go ahead and deny it as well" he challenged, "Bol do ke kuch yaad nahi hai. Sab kuch tou waise hi bhula chuki ho tum, so it won't be a surprise. Lekin Ms. Umeed Pasha..."

He took another step before saying, "...mujhe sab yaad hai. I remember everything clearly"

"And you'll remember it as well. Yeh mera waada hai"

Saying so, he backed off, releasing her as she rushed out, without looking back.

***

"Narazgi dur ho gayi aapki?"