Chapter Ten

Kaia slid her arms about Boromir's waist, her hands flat against his back, as she leaned into him and parted her lips. The scruff of his beard teasingly scratched around her mouth, along her chin, but she didn't care. It didn't matter. All that mattered was the fire with which Boromir kissed her. The same fire that slowly spread through her as his mouth moved slowly against hers.

His hands splayed across her cheeks, his fingers reaching into her hair, and when she parted her lips and his tongue swept along hers, she couldn't hold back her sigh. The caress was silken and teasing, hot and soft and gentle all at the same time and the sensations alone made her toes curl in her boots, made her blood bubble hotly through her veins, and set forth a sweet, achy tightness deep inside her. It had been a lifetime since she'd felt what she did right then, since any man kissed her the way Boromir did.

His kiss started out soft and teasing, but it did not remain that way. The fire between them erupted into an inferno that had her fingers curling on their own to grip the back of his tunic, her back bowing as she did, and when he released her face to wrap her in his arms, breaking the kiss was the furthest thing from her mind. Instead, desire burned a fiery path through her, beginning at her lips and melting its way clear through to her core.

She would have melted into him if she could find a way. After all, her blood burned through her veins and the cabin just grew warmer by the second despite its dark hearths. All she knew was that she could go up in a smoke at any second and she did not care a whit.

Boromir swept his lips down over her chin, and her head fell back as he kissed his way down her neck, into the vee of her tunic. The sensations he sent rippling through her made her heart race and her head spin and pleasure skitter along her skin, growing stronger with each passing moment.

Breathless, he looked down at her, his eyes smoky gray as he brought a hand up to catch the leather lacing and gave a gentle tug. Her eyes grew even more heavy-lidded at the soft skim of equally soft leather against her skin. Even that was a caress, every bit as teasing as his hands on her body would be.

She should stop him. Should reach up and still his hand. And yet, that was the last thing she wished to do, so she gripped a handful of the front of his tunic and tugged him back to her.

A soft laugh swept along her lips, followed by his whispered, "Kaia?"

"It's all right," she assured him, around his kiss.

"If you're certain..."

She nodded feverishly. "I am."

He surrendered to her tug then, wrapping her in his arms once more as their lips met. He backed toward the sofa, tugging her with him, until his legs bumped the sofa. Then, he stopped and reached down to hook a finger in the waist of her trousers. He met her gaze, his smile holding all of the promises of a night she would never forget and eased the button through its loop to unfasten them. They skimmed down along her legs, a caress in itself as they hit the floor. She stepped free of them, and mirrored his smile as he sank onto the sofa and drew her down with him.

She came astride him, her knees on either side of his hips, sinking into the worn cushion beneath him. This time, she caught his face in her hands, cupping his bristly cheeks, her thumbs moving from those bristles along the smoother, warm skin above them. Heat wafted from him, as it had when he'd been with fever, but this time, it drew her to him, sinking into her body from his. His arms wrapped tight about her, he pulled her hard against him. She shivered at how that teasing bulge of his erection fit perfectly into the heated vee of her spread thighs and they each sighed into the other's mouth.

Kaia sank against him, slowly rocking against him to sent heat surging through her as that solid part of him ground against that oh-so-very sensitive part of her. He moaned softly into her mouth, his fingers tightening on her hips, pulling her firmly against him to meet the teasing thrust he offered up.