A Kiss Out of Love - Rooster x Reader

From an ask on Tumblr from @/cherrycola27:
15 and 50 for Rooster!

From an ask on Tumblr from @/cherrycola27:15 and 50 for Rooster!

It's late. It's so late and you're so tired. Every fiber of your being droops in exhaustion as you methodically rinse out a stack of dirty baby bottles. It's as you turn the faucet off and load the bottles into the dishwasher that you realize that one sound, the one ever-present sound that's ricocheted through the house for the past two months has gone blessedly silent. The baby's not crying anymore. After weeks of that squealing wail in your ears, they practically ring with how powerful the silence is.

You've taken your baby girl to the doctor, of course. You've had your pediatrician give her a check-up to make sure everything was okay. Each time, you were told, "She's just a baby. Babies cry." Or, "It's probably just colic. It'll pass. So long as she's eating and pooping and responding to your voices, she's just fine." It drove you to distraction, the baby's unending wails coupled with the intrusive thoughts in your own mind telling you that you were the worst mother in existence.

It was Bradley who noticed you were shutting down. He took his paternity leave the day he noticed your struggles and stepped right in to help. Just having him there helped more than you could ever articulate. Sometimes your baby girl just needed a change in parent and the screeching wails turned into happy gurgles and giggles. There were still many days and nights where she cried and cried the day through, but they were easier with Bradley by your side. He had a sixth sense for whisking her away for a drive; a sixth sense for knowing that the baby needed Grandpa Mav and Grandma Penny time. But most importantly he had a sixth sense for knowing when you'd need some You Time or time with him.

So it's not wholly out of the ordinary that Caroline is asleep, down for her afternoon nap at the perfect time. What is a little odd is that Bradley's asleep with her. Your husband's got Caroline against his chest, his hand covering the entirety of her butt and legs. Both father and daughter sleep in the same way, with their lips ever so slightly parted and their heads tilted in the same way. You carefully gather Caroline up against your chest, kissing her forehead as you lay her down in the crib.

After making sure the baby monitor is set, you kiss Bradley. You pour all of your love into the kiss, smiling when he kisses back, muffling your giggles into his shoulder as he pulls you into his lap.

"What whazzat for?" His voice is still sleep-tinged and you'd have jumped him if you still weren't so sore from giving birth and if you weren't so tired.

"I love you, Bradley." At his questioning hum, you kiss him again. This time, you're too occupied to notice anything but how the world goes sideways as Bradley carries you to bed.

"I love you, beautiful. But it's time for bed. I think our daughter gets jealous when Mommy and Daddy have too much alone time." His words fall on deaf ears. You were fast asleep the minute he laid you in bed with a kiss.