𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤

Start from the beginning

Elena lay beside me, staring up at the ceiling. "You're right, she needs this."

"Are you guys seriously taking a break? There's so much to do," The frustrated blonde says.

Elena and I looked over at Caroline and chuckled. She was always so tense when it came to stuff like this - unpacking - planning. Girl got a zero chill pill.

I sat up. "Hey, I've been here for three hours helping y'all unpack, so a break is needed." Also, being human doesn't help in any shape or form. I get tired fast, which I can't help.

"I think we should call it a day." Elena got up and smiled, seeing how tired I probably looked. The girl placed her hand on Caroline's shoulder. "We could go down to the Whitmore bar, maybe check out if any parties are going on, " she said, giving me a smile.

I got up so fast. "Yes, please! When was the last time we've actually been to a school party that hasn't gone wrong?" Honestly, what is it with school events that just lure all the bad guys?

The blonde looked between our pleading eyes and finally cracks.

"Fine, fine." She turns to her closet and opens it. "We're juniors, after all, and not going to a party will send the wrong message to people." The blonde pulls out a green dress with white flower patterns and her blue jean jacket.

Elena goes through her closet and pulls out a black dress and her dark blue jean jacket. She turns to us with a grin, and we both give her a thumbs up.

The girls began to change as I sat on one of their dorm chairs.

I was wearing sweats and a T-shirt. I'm so not going out like this. Turning to Elena, I stood and walked over to her. "Got anything for me to wear?" I gave her puppy dog eyes.

Elena puts her black boots on, "Yeah of course." She steps aside. "Grab whatever you want."

"Thanks." I go through her closet, looking for anything that screams me, but nothing does. We all have different styles, but Elena's is almost as similar to mine - almost.

After looking for another five minutes, I went for a white dress. "Is this okay to wear?" I turn to Elena.

She looks at the dress, and her mouth falls open a bit. "The dress I wore for my eighteen birthday party?"

I turned the dress to take a good look at it, and she was right. It was the dress she wore on her birthday party, the day she fell in love with Damon. "Oh shoot! I didn't realize - I'll find another one." I tried to put it back, but Elena stopped me.

She shook her head. "Wear it. It'll look good on you." She pats my shoulder, indicating she was okay with it. Elena never gatekeeps her things. She always lets us use them. This isn't the first time she let me borrow something important like this.

Once, she let me have her vervain necklace for a bit - only because things were going wrong and I didn't have my necklace.

I place my hand over my empty chest at the memory, feeling for my vervain necklace that I wore for years until the day Stefan ripped it from my neck. .. it was the last time I ever saw it.

Removing my hand from my chest, I changed into the dress. Also borrowing her grey ankle boots.

"Gosh, you look pretty!" Caroline couldn't help but say as her eyes landed on my dress.

Elena matched Caroline's features. Both girls adored the dress I was wearing. Maybe it brought them back to a more innocent time -more human in Elena's case.

"Ready?" I ran my hands through my hair, trying to fix it as much as possible.

"Ready." The two say before we head out.