Five

2011

2011

Eight year old Nico was sitting in the living room playing his Nintendo DS when the front door opened, making Nico get up and run to the front to see Jill. "Hey bear," Jill said, crouching to Nico's height and hugging him. "How was school?" Jill asked as she pulled away. "It was good," Nico said with a smile, but I fade away when he sees someone. He somewhat remembers her as Sidney Prescott, his and Jill's cousin. Sidney smiled at Nico as Jill stood up. "Hey Nico," Sidney said, taking Jill's spot. "You've gotten bigger," Sidney said, making Nico smile. Jill looks at Nico. "She's our cousin," Jill said, making Nico nod his head and look back at Sidney before giving her a hug. Sidney had a surprised look before hugging him back. Nico pulls away before running back to the couch to continue playing Mario Kart. "He's gotten bigger," Sidney said with a small smile. "Yeah," Jill said, looking at her baby brother with a smile. Jill walked over to Nico, sitting by him. "You got any homework?" Jill asked, making Nico throw his head back. "Yes," Nico said, looking back at his DS. "Finish the game and start before dinner," Jill said, making Nico nod as he finished his game. Nico turns off his DS.

Later that night,

Nico was in his room finishing his homework when he heard a knock on the front door, making him get up and walk down the stairs to see the sheriff at the door holding it at gunpoint. "What's going on?" Nico asked Jill and Sidney, but he got no response. Jill pulled Nico away from her and Sidny as Sheriff Hicks opened the door, every sigh in relief when they saw Dewey, who had a smirk on his face, looking at his watch. "Just a test, very impressive," deputy Riley said, walking in "15 seconds. Evening Sidney, evening Jill," deputy Riley said, looking at Sidney, then Jill, before looking at Nico. "Evening Nico," deputy Riley said, giving Nico a nod and making Nico give him a small wave. "I found a little girl loitering outside," deputy Dewey said, moving his body towards the door and showing Kirby as she stuck her head out. "Hey, my parents are gone for the week, and there's no way I'm staying by myself," Kirby said as she walked into the house. "But I got Chinese," Kirby said. "Food!" Nico said with excitement, running into the kitchen. "Yes, food!" Kirby said with the same excitement as her, and Jill wrapped their arms around following Nico into the kitchen.

~~~

Nico was finishing his homework when there was a knock on his door, making him look away from his homework to the door as it opened to see Jill and Kirby. "Time for bed," Jill said softly, making Nico nod his head as he got up and went to his bed. "Can Kirby read me a bedtime story?" Nico asked as he got in bed. Kirby looked at Jill to see if it was okay, and Jill just nodded her head. "Alright, kiddo, what book?" Kirby asked, walking to the book shelf, "Any alright," Nico said, making Kriby nod her head before grabbing a book before grabbing one and walking back to his bed, sitting on the end of his bed as he gets comfortable. "Alright, here we go," Kirby said as Nico closed his eyes as she started talking. Jill watched from the doorway with a smile before she left for the bathroom,