Day 8 ||| Fuse

Au - Not This AGAIN!

Context - Remember the Steve Saga and Steve Saga Origins crew? And how some of them have Rainbow Quest and Steve Legends counterparts? Well in this au they are the same person, but only Sabre remembers. And Rainbow for some reason.
This is at the part where they failed to capture and take down Chaos Steve and Rainbow, Light, and Sabre were banging their heads on the mountain wall. And Sabre gets an idea.

———————————————————————————

     "Wait I got it, I got it, I got it! Everyone stop doing it! Stop hitting your heads on the rocks okay?" Both Rainbow and Light stop banging their heads on the wall and turn to face Sabre.

     "Alright I figured it out. And I can't actually believe that worked, either way Rain I need you to come and sidebar with me."

     Light lets out pained sounds and slowly turns around and sits against the rocky wall. Not seeming to care about the sidebar in favor of carrying for his aching head. As me and Rain walk further into the mountain crevice.

     I start to talk as we continue to walk deeper into the crevice. "Do you remember when I used to drink the power potions back in the Steve Saga?" I hear as Rainbow abruptly stops behind me. I turn around and face him, he looks very concerned.

     "No just no, that was an entirely different world! What if one of us gets hurt in the process? It's an entirely different world and we don't really have the exact means to make the machine to do that." I run over to him and hug him to stop his panicked rambling.

     "It won't be just like that, plus I don't think that would work now that your a living crystal. I was thinking about just trying to fuse together without the middle ground. It's the safer option right now and it's the only thing I can think of to stop him." I pull out of the hug and very gently hold Rain's cheek in my hand, trying to give him comfort.

     "Fine, but it will take more than just you and me fusing together for this to work...." We both look out and over to Light who's just admiring nature and completely unaware of the conversation happening.

     I start to take the lead to go and ask Light when Rain swiftly catches up to me and grabs ahold of my right hand. Giving it a comforting squeeze we walk over together to ask Light.

     "Hey Light? There's something we need to ask you..." He was about to give us a gleeful response when he noticed our somber looks and stood up straight.

     "What is it? Is something wrong?" I didn't know how to ask or how to start so Rain does it for me. "I know this may seem a little blunt but we have an idea and for it to work we'll need you."

     I give Rain's hand an extra tight squeeze as Light looks between the both of us before coming to some kind of resolution. "Whatever it is, I'll do it. I trust the two of you with my heart, my mind, my body, my life, and my soul. Just give the orders."

     "We need you to fuse with us like Dark Steve did with Reverse Steve." Light look dumbfounded and very startled before giving a somber look to us in return.

     "Will this work?" "Almost certainly, but understand that is not a hundred percent yes." Rain followed up honestly.

     Light seemed to be collecting his thoughts for a moment before looking up at us with a calm face. "Let's do it then."

     Rainbow immediately pulls both Light and me into a very tight hug, I can hear his heart pounding he's so nervous. "Are you two ready?"

     "Yes." Light said rather quickly in an absolute tone, and I followed up with a simple "Yep."

     I feel as Rain starts to merge us together. We're surrounded by lightning and other blinding lights. And the next thing we know is that we're three whole blocks flying off of the ground.

     We feel extremely powerful now, and strangely whole.