02. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

The three men all shouted as Sakura walked towards them, furrowing her brows at them. Grabbing a phone, it lit up in her grasp and Sakura saw the timer end.

Registration has closed. The game will now commence.

"Game?" A young school girl said, confused about what's going on.

Game, "Dead or Alive." Difficulty, Three of Clubs.

"Three of clubs?" A guy with a button up said. "What does that mean?"

Rule. Select the correct door within the stipulated time.

"What?" asked a guy with a blue shirt.

Clear condition. Leave the building within the time limit.

The elevator behind them opened with a ding and a white wall was revealed with the words "start" on it. Sakura didn't hesitate to walk in, a woman right behind her.

"You'll die if you keep spacing out." The woman said, snapping the others back into reality.

The schoolgirl followed in their steps, standing in the elevator with them. The men stuck together, crowding in the elevator while it carried them up.

The time limit for this room is two minutes.

The timer started and they all walked into the room. Looking around Sakura saw nothing but two doors, one with the word live and the other with the word die.

"What's this?" Orange flannel asked, his friend sparing him a glance.

"To live or to die." The woman said.

"Is this really a game?" Button up asked with a smile on his face. "This is kind of starting to get a little exciting. I'm sure this must be some kind of event."

Button up held his phone up and began recording the game. Just her luck. She's stuck with clueless people who think this is just some fun harmless game. Or maybe they do know and are just psychotic. Either way Sakura still wasn't sure if she should risk it tomorrow with Akari.

"I want to go home." The school girl cried.

"It'll be fine. You're with us! Let's win the game, get the prize, and go home."

"The prize?"

"I was hoping that we'd get one."

One minute remaining.

"Arisu. Which do you think it is?" Flannel asked blue shirt.

"Well if it's a choice between life or death, I wouldn't choose the skeleton." Arisu said, turning back to Sakura and the other woman. "What if we choose the wrong door?"

"The answer is live. Open the door that says "live." The woman confidently answered.

"How do you know that?" asked Arisu.

"Because obviously, it's the "Live" door!"

"And if it's not?" Sakura spoke up, tilting her head to the side.

The woman merely stared at her, lost for words but thankfully button up took the attention from her.

"Do you guys smell something?"

Everyone inhaled at his words and Sakura recognized the smell as smoke, telling her that their time is running out.

"Hey, look down!" Flannel shouted, everyone looking down at his panicked words.

"Fire?"

30 seconds remaining.

"The answer is "Live"! Hurry up and open the door!" The woman cried out.