Learning Instruments

-Hope's P.O.V-

After our little talk our new father's went to buy us guitars and a drum set. I also got a harp to learn how to play some parts of other songs. When we got home my dad showed me around his house. I got to meet my half-brother's Jakob and Joseph, and I also got to meet my stepmother Adrienne. They were very nice people, but I could tell Adrienne didn't like me that much. My dad showed me to my room, and it already had some of the things I liked in it. "How did you know I liked some of these things?" I asked. "We talked to the people at the adoption center, and they told us you liked punk rock things." He said which made me smile. "Did they tell you I like to make music?" I asked curiously. "Yes they did, and I got you this." He said pulling out an IPhone. I looked at it like it was some diesis, and then he put it in my hand. "Why are you afraid of a phone?" He asked. "The last time I picked one up I was told my mother had passed away, and I have never touched one again." I said. "How did you talk to friends and family then?" He asked curiosity getting the best of him. "I never talked to anyone after that. The first person I actually talked to after it was Ashley because we were sharing the room together." I said. "Well it has Jakob, Joseph, Adrienne, Tre, Mike, and me in it if you need any of us. You and Ashley will be starting school this year too." He said smiling. "This school better be okay." I said. "Well you can do whatever you want, but be ready for dinner." He said before starting to leave. "Dad!" I yelled causing him to turn around. "Can we go get black paint and some spray paint too?" I asked him. "Why?" He asked. "At my old house I had one wall that was black with multiple colors on it. It looked really cool, and I wanted to do that if you didn't mind." I said. "It's okay what ever makes you feel more at home will make me happy." He said before leaving.

While I was looking around my room I saw a computer. I got onto it, and signed into my minecraft account. (Yes I play minecraft.) I started to chat with my friends when I heard my phone go off. I looked at it and saw my dad sent me a text saying it was time for dinner. I got up, made sure I looked okay, grabbed my phone, and headed down stairs. Everyone was looking at me, and I just kept looking down. "Hope, look up." Joseph said. I looked up and they were all smiling. "Dad, after dinner I am going to go dye my hair with Ashley. We want to look new, and we both want cool looking hair." I said with a smile. "I am not letting you do that." he said. "It wasn't a question it was a statement which means I'm going if you like it or not." I said standing up. "You need to eat dinner." He said. "No I don't." I said leaving the room. I walked towards the front door when I heard someone was coming after me. I stopped to turn around, and saw him coming after me. "Now what?" I asked. "Don't you need money?" He asked. "Nope. Ashley and I earned our money for the adoption center, and I had some after my mom passed away." I said. "Does Tre know about this?" He asked. I heard my phone go off and saw Ashley had sent me a text saying Tre had just found out too. "Now he does." I said before opening the door. "When you come back there better not be any tattoo's on you!" He yelled to me. I just continued my walk until I heard Ashley pull up. "Ready to go dye our hair?" She asked. "Yep. Where did you get the car?" I asked. "Tre gave me keys so I could pick you up." She said. "I'm not aloud to get tattoo's, but he never said anything about piercing's." I said with a smile on my face. "We are bad people with good intentions." She said which made me laugh. "Did you hear we are going to school?" I asked her. "Yes, and I hate the idea. I guess the adoption people wanted us out of there that they forgot to tell them the last time we were at school we ended up covered in blood." She said. "I so remember their faces when we walked in. They looked so shocked because we were the quiet ones." I said laughing at the memory.

When we got to the hair salon we saw that Billie and Tre were there. "Did you tell Tre where we were going?" I asked. "No. How about you?" She asked. "No." We got out of the car, and they both looked at us with disappointment showing on their faces. "Girls we thought you two were joking." My dad said. "We are very disappointed in you." Tre said. "Let's go." I said pulling Ashley's arm. When we walked in we told them we wanted to dye our hair, and they let us pick out the colors. When they were  done we walked out, and our fathers looked worse the before we dyed our hair. "I'm going to get my noise pierced as well as my lip and belly button." I said to Ashley before walking away. I started to run to a guy I know who would do anything for me because he was in the adoption center with me and Ashley. He was like an older brother to both of us, and would always back us up. It all changed when he was adopted by man and his wife. The man pierced things for a living, and he got Jake into piercing things too. He told me when ever I wanted something pierced to go to him. Jake pierced my ears and cartilage, and he told me he would do other places too. I got to the shop he worked at and walked in. I saw Jake's adoptive father standing there, and walked up to him. "Hey. Is Jake here?" I asked him. He recognized my voice, and gave me a hug. "Yes he is. I'll go get him Hope." he said before leaving to get Jake. He was like my second father because he saw how close Jake and I were. Jake came walking through, and when he saw me he was speechless. "What happened to your hair?" He asked giving me a hug. "Just got it dyed today with Ashley and our dads hate it." I said. He stopped hugging me when I said dads. "Who is your guys dad?" He asked. "Well, you may not believe it. Mine is Billie Joe Armstrong and Ashley's is Tre Cool of Green Day." I said smiling. "You must be kidding." He said. "Nope. Can you pierce my lip, nose, and belly button. I will pay you back." I said. "yes, and you don't have to pay me." He said. "Thank you." I said. "No problem. I mean you did get me these people." he said. They had asked me who I thought would work great here, and I told them Jake because he was never afraid of these things. "Come on let's get it over and done with." He said pulling me into a room.

When everything was done I headed home for the night. When I walked in everyone was staring at me, and I smiled crazily. "Hey guys." I said. "What did you do to yourself?" Jakob asked. "I changed into the girl I know, and not the girl that you people know." I said smiling. "Why?" Jakob asked. "This is who I was before I went into the adoption center, and I wanted her out again." I said. "I have always wanted to get a tattoo though, but I was never aloud one." I said adding the tattoo part. "You will never get one. How did you know were to come to?" My dad asked. "While when it was Jake, Ashley, and me there we would walked around here. We never knew Billie Joe Armstrong and his family lived here. We nicknamed this place so we would never forget it." I said. "Who is Jake?" My dad asked. "A close friend of mine that is like an older brother to me." I said. Then I walked up to my room, and got ready for bed. It took me a while to sleep, but when I did fall asleep it took over my body.